• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sad Day

phototec

Sad day for the country as we buried one of our great American hero's yesterday, the funeral procession for slain Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, which the Department of Public Safety says may be the longest in U.S. history, passed through Central Texas on Interstate 35 Tuesday morning on its way to the Texas State Cemetery where Kyle will be laid to rest. Hundreds of residents lined the highway and packed highway overpasses to pay tribute to the slain war hero.

The services followed a 180-mile funeral procession down Interstate 35 from Kyle’s hometown of Midlothian to Austin, where a private ceremony of some 150 mourners awaited, including Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst.

Kyle was honored with bagpipes and a 21-gun salute at the graveside near a small waterfall on the grounds of the cemetery.
Hundreds of Patriot Guard Riders, many of them with military backgrounds, ringed the cemetery, frozen in place, carrying flags in a silent salute to their fallen comrade.

Last minute on Monday night, I made a quick 3'x7' banner to honor Chris.

My heart goes out to his family. Chris will be missed by all, he was a wonderful person, and a TRUE AMERICAN HERO.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...oday-for-burial-in-texas-state-cemetery.html/

:wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag:

Attachments

• 8929758-large.jpg
    8929758-large.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 86
  • 0dfdcccbd468fa04280f6a70670098c9.jpg
    0dfdcccbd468fa04280f6a70670098c9.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 74
  • thumbs_kyleprocession_3.jpg
    thumbs_kyleprocession_3.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Banner-Email.jpg
    Banner-Email.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 82

Tdewitt

I was thinking the same thing.He didn't even have that many confirmed kills.Anyway god bless him and his family at this diffiucult time.

Chris Kyle
Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle was a United States Navy SEAL and the most lethal sniper in American military history, with 160 confirmed kills, although these statistics have not been released by the Pentagon.

ProWraps

im sure he was a great guy and all. i just kinda figured he snipped over 150 people, then someone sniped him. it just seems a bit ironic to me. karma is the word that comes to mind i guess.

xxaxx

Or we could just not be over there and save a lot more US soldiers than 3 per sniper kill. Its not like we can win the war on the Taliban (or terror in general) anyway, for every one of those 150+ people he sniped they had boat loads of children and relatives that step up in their place and hate America even more than before.

Marlene

A sniper is a hero? Rip America.

some times I just shake my head in wonder as I can't believe what I hear people say. he was a Navy SEAL. he served his country and did what was asked of him. he was doing his best to help those who also served with the mental issues being in war can cause. the man died doing what he could to help others. any opinion on this that makes it sound like he was something other than a man who served his country and did his best to help others in need seems to me to be unfair.

Marlene

Believe me, my necks sore from shaking my head at people like you.

really, in what way? that I support our troops? that I respect what they do? that I respect that they do the job they are asked to do without question? what is your problem with that? do you have a problem with the military? guns? what is it that you seem to have issue with? this guy did what he was asked to do when he served his country. this guy was doing his best to help those who also served their country. if you don't have any respect for that, I know I sure would like to know why

people like you

want to define the "people like me" comment? just what kind of people am I??

Jackpine

A sniper is a hero? Rip America.
Yes he is. It is citizens like him that stands up to protect our country and all of it's citizens. You may not agree with the politics but respect those that have put their lives on the line to protect and serve our citizens and our country.

John Butto

Honor and glory are given to people who go off to war. Bronze and marble statues are made for their heroics. It has been like that since the beginning of modern society.You do not get a statue for making a 150 signs. So if you have a negative comment or head shaking movement, keep it to yourself. It is like pissing in the wind.

skyhigh

RIP Chris.

Drawing a parallel from another event in military history......the Enola Gay.
While Chris is accredited for 150 kills, the Enola Gay is accredited for 150,000 kills, and has spent time in the Smithsonian & now on display at the National Air and Space Museum.

While at the Smithsonian.....
Critics of the planned exhibit, especially those of the American Legion and the Air Force Association, charged that the exhibit focused too much attention on the Japanese casualties inflicted by the nuclear bomb, rather than on the motivations for the bombing or the discussion of the bomb's role in ending the World War II conflict with Japan

Perhaps some of you are focusing on the unpleasant job he had to do, rather than why he had to do it.... or what he gave up to serve his country.

MikeD

so glad that I was born in America! So grateful for all military service personnel that keep me safe. My plotter and printer problems pale in comparison to the challenges they face in the vein of preserving my freedom.
Personal opinion; Snipers are the best (next to drones,) only terminate the really bad dudes / dudettes- with only 1 shot. We would not be able to pursue the American Dream if it were not for our military; we would be making signs in Russian, German, Japanese or Korean if it were not for all the Veterans in America.
I know there are quite a few Vets on Signs101-
Thank You!

Wish printer techs were as ready and effective as you all have been!

Still bad to see anyone hurt or killed.

Thanks again,
Miked