• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saying HI for first time... HI EVERYONE!

Suz

Hello all

I have been doing some reading here for quite a while, I noticed this forum a few years back. Thought I would just make myself visible and tell you a bit about myself.

I'm an Artist like many of you here. Been in the sign business since I first painted the walls of my crib with Crayola! Haha! Somehow my Mom later allowed me to move on to painting real murals on the walls of the home I grew up in. Yay Mom! I'm forever thankful that she saw some sort of raw talent and encouraged me instead of spanking me. That was about 30 something years ago (not telling my age here!) Mom is now gone, but my wall decorating lives on.

Been decorating walls ever since. Also, into Screenprinting, Commercial Embroidery, and Patterning Aircraft Covers.

Being an Artist takes you on all kinds of Adventures. It has been fun and exciting. Lots of hard work too!

So, I'm hoping to be more of a visible presence here and glad to be among you all. Oh, almost forgot, I'm in Washington State.

-Sue

Suz

SignosaurusRex & Everybody,

Thanks for the nice Welcome! I'm looking forward to spending some more time here. I'm hoping to buy a newer Digital Printer/Cutter that is bigger and better than what I've got now. Also, I'm pretty sure I want to get into vehicle wraps, so will be exploring that some more.

There are lots of Sign Supply Companies local to me, so that is a good thing.

Bread and Butter work right now is basic signage, outdoor and indoor. Also, Embroidery work, Digitizing, Graphics, Commercial Sewing, Grunt Work!

Hi-Fi color might be nice, but not sure if it's a Got to Get item yet. That'll be determined by cost of the machine and cost to feed it :) I guess.

I've been cutting vinyl for years now.

Anyhow, Thanks for the welcome!

reximages

Hi Suz,

Welcome from to this awesome website forum.

My bread and butter has been screenprinting tshirts for over 15 years and selling these promotional stuff for about 25 years.

I got this Ioline because this embroidery guy couldn't pay me cash for a sizeable screenprinting job. I use the cutter all the time now. It is a huge asset even though I do not have the right machinery for full color signage. I use the cutter for the garments almost daily. I am real glad I have it

I never see anyone mention Ioline much on this site ... maybe it is because they are made in Woodinville, Washington. The one I have just cuts one color vinyl at a time.

Best O Luck!:smile:

Rex

Air Art Girl

Welcome from a little south and east of you.

Your story reminds me of when I drew a life size person on the wall in my bedroom behind the door. I think I was about 4 or 5. Also remember having to scrub it off the wall, lol

Great to have you on board.

Suz

Rex,

I thought they were in Washington State, I did get a vinyl cutter a few years ago, but it's a USCutter, not an Ioline. The only name brand I had any experience with before buying my own cutter was Gerber, back in the mid 80's...Prior to that, I had used a good old fashioned pounce wheel and an Exacto knife. So, the technology Gerber had then was really WOW!!! It had a plotter that could either cut or draw, depending on the tool you loaded into it. But it could not print. So, I think Vinyl Cutters have come a long way, I'm excited to have all of the options that we have these days.

Suz

Hey, Air Art girl! Another Goddess! Love it! Isn't it funny how we come to do what we do. Makes you thankful for the people that see the good in our bad deeds! So you were an early muralist too? hehe! That's great!

PS - I have to add that I just noticed you too are from WA State! How fun is that? Thanks for stopping to say HI!

Suz

Yes Jon, I will get around to posting something soon as I do some more reading, then figure out where and how to post pics. I just put up an avatar, that alone took a bit of doctoring the file to get it small enough, haha!

Welcome, Suz! Would love to see some of your work!