• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Sc545ex- ethernet issues (bios mode)

TheDecalCrew

Hey guys,

I have searched through the forum and Google but to no avail! But I'm needing a bit of guidance!

So I have a
- win 10 laptop
- lan cable (straight through) going from lappy to router and then lan from router to sc545ex.
- the machine lan settings have been reset with the blue button.

Now, when I search for the machine on the roland print server program, the machine does show up! BUT, under port, it states 'BIOS mode'. When I update the iP adress and refresh, the red cross on the left stays the same and the BIOS mode is still up!

Question is, how do I resolve? Muchly appreciate a reply as soon as possible!

netsol

although i have never had this problem myself, i googled roland ethernet bios mode

it seems you may need to update the firmware

https://www.rolanddga.com/support/p...sc-540ex-54-eco-solvent-inkjet-printer-cutter

at this link is the firmware, updater and instructions

I HAVE NEVER DONE IT. perjaps jim hancock will comment.

if you can ping, you should be able to update or reinstall bios, but it couldn't hurt to wait for confirmation from someone who has run through this procedure.

we have about 16 various rolands (printers, plotters, engravers, milling machines) and the bios updates have always gone as they say

did you just acquire the machine from someone who started the update, perhaps?

TheDecalCrew

Hey mate,

Appreciate the reply! and yes i have tried that! But the firmware update only has provisions for Win XP or NT :(. The firmware update is requesting a *.bin file?
upload_2021-1-20_21-31-39.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah I don't think you are supposed to use that for the printer firmware update.
You probably need Peck tool and the FW file for that.

...Or that updater that netsol linked...

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Not finding much. I would suggest resetting the network card on the printer, connecting the computer directly to the printer for this step and try assigning the IP address through the Intercon tool. Provided that works, then hook it up through your switch. Please update...

netsol

decal crew
firmware is not o/s dependent

you said the printer returns a ping, so you know the ip?

mine is 192.168.0.186

http://<your ip address> should display something like:

upload_2021-1-22_10-21-8.png

netsol

give it a try and see what it displays,

Jim, is there something that stops the "server service"?

i have never seen bios mode, it kind of sounds like a failed firmware update perhaps?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Don't know about stopping the "server service" other then opening task manager and looking for it there. Perhaps accessing the print server as shown above and either restarting or selecting default settings to see what it does.

TheDecalCrew

So this is what i have come up with to fix the issue! - Well after a lot of swearing anyways!

How to Connect your SC-545EX / SC545EX to WIN/WINDOWS 10 (Full Explanation)
- Please see attached :)

Attachments

• How to Connect your SC545EX -WIN10.pdf
    484 KB · Views: 680