• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

selfish?

WOODBS

I try not to be selfish...but I love reggae, Marley etc...So Ziggy is in tampa at a restaurant slash bar next weekend. Friday nite to be exact, we have vball in Orlando sat am...which I will make. Am I being totally bad dad by wanting to attend ?

Pat Whatley

Dad's have a life, too. Just got to maintain that balance between being there for your family and still being there for yourself.

GypsyGraphics

the fact that you're asking means you probably don't miss a game very often... seems like it would be selfish of someone to ask you not to go... and maybe no one is, maybe it just you questioning if you should go... either way the answer is
HECK YEAH.... GO SEE ZIGGY and have a blast!!!

John Butto

enjoy yourself man

You have to ask us for an opinion, there are people in this world who cannot have children and would do anything for that miracle to happen. Buy some plane tickets for the family and go to Jamaica where it is 85 and sunny. Download and listen to Buffalo Soldiers on the ipod while you watch her play.

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
I never missed a football game of my only child, missed a couple Little League games when he was small (work). I still remember helping him get dressed for practice the first year.......

He graduates this Spring, I am already not liking the concept of not being able to go see him play.

You are absolutely reasonable to have your own likes but you can definately count how many games your child has left. Concerts on the other hand, could be hundreds left. (and if you played any sport remember what it meant to you having a parent watching)

Choose wisely 'cause it's over in a blink. Your child won't be playing in a city near you in 10 years. :wink:

surf city

If you can make the concert and not miss anything that involves your kids hell yeah go, you have a life also. I remember when my son was doing all that stuff...Football, Baseball, Hockey, Lacrosse, snowboarding etc., etc. I wouldn't trade all the 5am practices and driving to all the away games and coaching football all those things were awesome !!! He's away at college now. I can honestly say that I miss those days very, very, very much. But, I also had a life in there too and you have to have a balance to stay sane as a parent cause life is usually crazy busy during those years. So if you can go, enjoy it man but, always remember what matters most.

WildWestDesigns

I'm more of a jimmy cliff fan, but that's besides the point.

In my opinion when someone has kids things should go to the back burner. Priority one is to the kids without equivications. Now if you think you can do both and still give your kids 110% of your support during the game tomorrow morning, then go and enjoy yourself and use Sunday to crash and recover.

When kids are young, life is about them or at least it should be. My dad always regretted not being around so much when my sister was growing up, because he was working to be able to support everyone.

Now I'm not saying don't have a life or any outlets, but try to keep the "conflicting" schedule down.

Techman

I gave up a high paying job years ago just so I would never have to miss my kids growing up. One son is a jazz musician and getting recognition for it. I attend all his concerts.
I can say this with pride. I watch him grow into his talent and that in itself is worth every second of missing my favorite events. Our kids come first. All others take second.