• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

service truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not gonna mention the fact that I think you misspelled your own avatar, but let's put it this way..... if you had the proper spelling, you'd understand better what everyone here is trying to say to you.

On so many levels from font choice, colors, kerning, negative space, color combinations, lousy contrast to pointless pictures and repetition throughout a single theme, not to mention a farming scene on a truck advertising tires. No major focal point, no continuity and most of all…. this is your own truck…. or near to it.

Call me all the names you want. Name calling is not gonna get you any better service from me or anyone else. No one likes a cry baby and when you come to the table with something like that…. be well prepared to take a lot of heat. I don’t think anywhere I said anything to you that I’ve never said to a customer, so when you have garbage to start with…. you’re gonna just get more garbage if you make it bigger. All you did was make it possible to see the flaws more clearly.

You want help ?? It stank at the small size and it still stinks. How many people mentioned the fact about many levels or reasons. How many people pointed out many of those reasons ?? Yet, you want to focus on the most negative post [in your opinion] and rip me apart. Well, that’s what I’m getting at…. you have lousy taste and design skills and they can’t be fixed in ten minutes based on your level of comprehension. Ask questions of the people trying to honestly help you and let old geezers like me alone. I can’t take the heat. I’m soon gonna call someone a bad name…. and it just might be YOU……. :ROFLMAO:

peavey123

He's a pro tip. Lurk more and post less. I guarantee it will help your design chops.

In the meantime, take a look at some large company's designs. Take note at how they do things. Do you ever see coca-cola put black outlines on their red text? **** no! There's a reason for that. Personally, I work in black and white first then add colour after I have a the basic design laid out. It really helps me make things legible. Which is your job...

dortonracing

2b that is not toward you just ones that had comments but no input... And as for the tractor no the side that's what this truck does is tractor tires farm tires. HOw many people do you know taking a big truck out to fix a car tire?

ANd thank youfor some of the better info

Flubber

can i get some opions on this wrap i have came up with. I wont tell what its for im sure you can figure it out. dont pay a whole lot of attention to the cab its being painted just did that to make a little easier. it has two picture on is going to be on one side and other on other side. and the picture will be purchased from stockphoto, not stolen

If i remember correctly you asked for opinions. So thats what you got Opinions!

TwoNine

Dorton....You're being 'special' - And after looking at your Facebook page, I think the design you came up with will work just fine. It's better than anything else on there.

dortonracing

ANd your right this is my own truck and I'm not a designer, just went out and bought all of the equipment cuz I could and wanted to. Mainly to do my own signs and banners for advertisement. What makes all of you so rude here did you start out making perfect stuff no you didn't when you asked for advice did you Want someone to be rude or helpful..

Just like if you go to get your car worked on do want the guy working on it to be rude or helpful cuz I'm sure most of you here don't even know how to pop your hood

2B

2b that is not toward you just ones that had comments but no input... And as for the tractor no the side that's what this truck does is tractor tires farm tires. HOw many people do you know taking a big truck out to fix a car tire?

ANd thank youfor some of the better info

I grew-up on a dairy, so when I see tires that go on a row crop cultivator (narrow tires, deep lugs) and an image of one that tells me that is all that is done by this truck/company
there are the skid-steer loaders, combines, grain hoppers, liquid fertilizer, etc...

IMO you are narrowing the field by putting these type images. More to the point a farmer/trucker has a flat they could careless what pretty graphics is on the truck they want a BIG and easy to read contact number and name.

if the entire truck will be white, cut cast vinyl green in color or do it in green reflective since they do 24hr service.

not knowing which state(s) they service have you made sure that you don't need DOT numbers?

TwoNine

Oh - Jhill...Let's not forget the R/C business.....That's awesome as well....And the quad thing, and the Avon.....

Border

"I'm not a designer, just went out and bought all of the equipment cuz I could and wanted to. Mainly to do my own signs and banners for advertisement."

:Oops:
:goodpost:

Flubber

Just like if you go to get your car worked on do want the guy working on it to be rude or helpful cuz I'm sure most of you here don't even know how to pop your hood[/QUOTE]

if i'm paying someone to fix my car and if they are rude i will just go to another place that's nice....hint hint.....you aren't paying for these opinions so dnt get your pantys in a bunch when someone gives you what you asked for, which was an opinion.

TwoNine

Plus, speaking for myself here, MY mechanic usually doesn't want me to help him with the spark plugs....But again.....Just MY mechanic.

dortonracing

Twonine why don't you get lost, I don't do signs graphics anything in that such for a business I do them for some buddies here and there not to make a dollar. This site is really Starting to suck and be a bunch of worth less info, and Ya what's wrong wit@ going out and buy the equipment to do my own stuff I have the cash and no bills so I bought it. I'm sure most of you have allkinds of monthly bills come in not me so must be doing something right..

ANd b2 good info hadn't though of it that way

TwoNine

Nah. I'll stay.

Edit: BTW - I love your punctuation and capitalization skills. Want to trade design advice for some advice as to where I may want to randomly throw in a capiTal letter?

Flubber

Twonine why don't you get lost, I don't do signs graphics anything in that such for a business I do them for some buddies here and there not to make a dollar. This site is really Starting to suck and be a bunch of worth less info, and Ya what's wrong wit@ going out and buy the equipment to do my own stuff I have the cash and no bills so I bought it. I'm sure most of you have allkinds of monthly bills come in not me so must be doing something right..

ANd b2 good info hadn't though of it that way

All jokes aside this forum is really helpful you just have to be open minded and not take some of the things said so seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

J Hill Designs

I don't do signs graphics anything in that such for a business I do them for some buddies here and there not to make a dollar.

signs101.com said:
You are welcome here if you
Earn your living, in whole or in part, as a sign maker
Have earned your living, in whole or in part, as a sign maker
Would like to earn your living, in whole or in part, as a sign maker
Are an educator or a student involved in any of the artistic, graphic arts or design professions
Are an individual or organization engaged in any of the artistic, graphic arts or design professions
Are an individual or organization engaged in any of the artistic, graphic arts or design professions seeking professional suppliers for your designs
Are a manufacturer or supplier of products or services of interest to our members

hmmmm

SignManiac

Every bit of what Gino said was wrong with your layout is true. I honestly did not know where to start. The education you would require is far more trouble to give, and especially knowing now that this is just your hobby. I don't mind helping someone dedicated to this industry but I can't bring myself to offer my hard earned experience to someone with your lack of professional attitude. Hope that explains my view point without hurting your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.