• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping magnetic signs?

Jillbeans

My cousin out in La Mesa CA wants me to send him a set of mags.
I have never shipped anything like this.
I was thinking of rolling up the mags, cut vinyl lettered side out, sticking them in a leftover tube from 15" vinyl, taping the ends, and mailing 'em.
Should I put craft or wax paper between them?
Will heat affect them? Is this a good idea?
I know it sounds silly but I was just wondering.
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

Marlene

My cousin out in La Mesa CA wants me to send him a set of mags.
I have never shipped anything like this.
I was thinking of rolling up the mags, cut vinyl lettered side out, sticking them in a leftover tube from 15" vinyl, taping the ends, and mailing 'em.
Should I put craft or wax paper between them?

sounds good. Gregory sells what they call "sign in a tube" which is 2, 12" x 24" (or 2, 12" x 18") magnetics and a tube. they say that "te tube is an ideal storage compartment to keep your graphics clean and protected".

Rob_maxgrafix

Ive done it that way numerous times, seeing as the stuff comes on a roll, it naturally will roll up easily. just dont roll too tight. just enough to fit inside the tube. as for the wax/craft paper, Ive shipped without and had no issues. the magnets stick together so well, they tend not to shift much durring shipping. just use some packing material to keep them from shifting from the top to bottom of the tube if theres any extra space.

allamericantrade

The best way to ship the signs that I have found is to buy hardboard aka masonite for $10.00 a 4x8 sheet and sadwich it inside. I ship a lot of Items all over using this method. Never once had an issue.

d fleming

Just sent mags and banners cross country. Used an old square box from banner that we bought and rolled everything in with plenty of packing. Made it fine. Put butcher block between mags.

Just one piece of advise. I believe if you have a magnet and it is going air at all that you have to mark it on the box so that they put it on a special are of the plane. I can't remember exactly it's been about two years since I have taken the IATA Dangerous goods shipping class. Might want to check it out. If a plane goes down because of your magnets you might not like the fine. Not even just that. If you ship it and don't mark it and they scan it and find out they could give you a $20,000 fine just for having to open up your package.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We ship hundreds of magnets all over the country. Lay them flat with some paper or even some vinyl backer between them. Put between two pieces of cardboard just slightly larger than the magnets. Tape the edges all the way around. Stick label & ship.

They will be fine.

You don't have to worry about bringing down a plane if you ship them ground. Even if you didn't they're not going to bring down a plane. Marking them as magnets isn't a bad idea, but we never have.

2B

. Lay them flat with some paper or even some vinyl backer between them. Put between two pieces of cardboard just slightly larger than the magnets. Tape the edges all the way around. Stick label & ship.

+1

this is the method we use, and the vinyl backing since most of our mags are digital printed.

anotherdog

flat, we use coroplast to make a roll fold folder to keep them in, backing paper between them, bit of velcro for the flap then slide the whole thing into a ups plastic shipping bag.
Customers like the folder thing, they need a place to keep them clean in the trunk.

TheSnowman

I ordered a set from Signs365 once to see how they'd compare to mine if I had to sub them a big order. When they came, they came flat, with some paper between them. They were scratched to crap though. I took my torch and heated them up a little and the scratches went away. Just FYI if they get to their destination and are a little beat up.

J

john1

I've rolled them with no problems. Fellers even sells a car safe magnetic sign set in a tube.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
flat, we use coroplast to make a roll fold folder to keep them in, backing paper between them, bit of velcro for the flap then slide the whole thing into a ups plastic shipping bag.
Customers like the folder thing, they need a place to keep them clean in the trunk.

Not a bad idea. You could put a decal/logo with reorder information on the folder too!

ironchef

I have a similar situation. A customer is picking up a set of mags on monday. She is going to canada on tuesday and will be traveling with them. What advise should i give her?