• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Gold Help Please

SignosaurusRex

Leave the transfer tape on for a year......that will make it stick. :covereyes:
I have not purchased SignGold for over a year now so I don't know if they still supply their transfer tape with each roll of material or not but, they used to and it was the only thing that worked for me. High-tack Clearchoice transfer is pretty aggressive stuff and may work.

Sign_Boy

Leave the transfer tape on for a year......that will make it stick. :covereyes:
I have not purchased SignGold for over a year now so I don't know if they still supply their transfer tape with each roll of material or not but, they used to and it was the only thing that worked for me. High-tack Clearchoice transfer is pretty aggressive stuff and may work.

I ordered 3 rolls and no transfer tape....
I think the next logical step is to call their Tech line

Thanks

BobM

Yes, call their tech line. I had a similar problem we decided to try another blade, and for the life of me I cna't remember if I went to a 60 degree or a 45 degree. He was very helpful and provided a lot of infomation. Sorry for the CRS, but I'm sure he took notes.

Sign_Boy

Just got off the phone with him. Real nice guy.
The thought is since I used a brand new blade it may have been too sharp causing it to cut into the backer just enough to let some of the adhesive in preventing it from releasing.
Time to do some more test cuts

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was gonna suggest that. What's happened is you problem had too much weight, too.

If the application tape isn't sticking, then pull it off completely and try using regular masking tape. Not duct tape, but masking tape. That should work fine for you.

Sign_Boy

My first test cuts went fine.
Not sure if I can get the app tape off - parts of the gold are lifting and some are not.
This section is around 24" x 27" so masking tape is a no go.

Back to testing....

Sign_Boy

***UPDATE***
I got one part of the job done.
Had to fine tune the plotter - what a PITA.
Still can't get it to release from the backer.
Guess I'll let it sit and come back to it later.

Thanks again everyone!!!