• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Making Capabilities

Signscorp

What are some sign making capabilities that you wish you had in your shop?

CNC?
Laser?
Crane?
Bucket truck?

What am I missing

ED1989

Mimaki Technician
Hi everyone, sorry, maybe not the subject, but I'm new and I don't know how to create a new post.
I'm trying to open a sign making business in New Jersey, but I can't find some place to buy a cutting plotter or vinyl for that matter, could you recommend a company that sells machines and materials as well?

Last edited:

WB

""Hi everyone, sorry, maybe not the subject, but I'm new and I don't know how to create a new post.
I'm trying to open a sign making business in New Jersey, but I can't find some place to buy a cutting plotter or vinyl for that matter, could you recommend a company that sells machines and materials as well?""

If you can't find those simple items, then I suggest you step away from the opening a business idea and do some home work.. There's a site called Google that should help you out abit. I'm not trying to be a D!ck but this is pretty basic stuff and if you want to open a "Business" then you have a long road ahead of you..

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Your avatar title says you're a Mimaki Technician, but your question says otherwise. What am I missing?
New Picture.jpg

Last edited:

adendo

Merchant Member
You might want to consider a good Advisor as well. There's a lot to learn about running a sign shop.

ED1989

Mimaki Technician
""Hi everyone, sorry, maybe not the subject, but I'm new and I don't know how to create a new post.
I'm trying to open a sign making business in New Jersey, but I can't find some place to buy a cutting plotter or vinyl for that matter, could you recommend a company that sells machines and materials as well?""

If you can't find those simple items, then I suggest you step away from the opening a business idea and do some home work.. There's a site called Google that should help you out abit. I'm not trying to be a D!ck but this is pretty basic stuff and if you want to open a "Business" then you have a long road ahead of you..
I didn't think I had to give so much details about it, but anyway...I have a sign making business in another country, I came here to help my cousin open the same business, and yes, I did some web research, but I just found a few places outside New Jersey, since I'm not familiar with USA market, I thought somebody here could help me, you don't have to be a d!ck about it.

ED1989

Mimaki Technician
Your avatar title says you're a Mimaki Technician, but your question says otherwise. What am I missing?
I'm a technician and where I come from it's easy to find these kind of things, but here in USA, it's like I said, I'm just not familiar with this market, I just don't have any contacts that could help me, I'm gonna make some more research, thanks anyway. By the way...Google is how I found signs101.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Sorry for the intrusion, I know this is not the matter at hand.
Woah....perhaps I did miss something, and maybe the others did too....

I didn't remember seeing anywhere you were from another country until just a couple of posts ago.

THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING....sorry for sounding snarky.

JB

ED1989

Mimaki Technician
Woah....perhaps I did miss something, and maybe the others did too....

I didn't remember seeing anywhere you were from another country until just a couple of posts ago.

THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING....sorry for sounding snarky.

JB
No worries, sorry for not explaining this before, anyway, have a great night.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I didn't think I had to give so much details about it, but anyway...I have a sign making business in another country, I came here to help my cousin open the same business, and yes, I did some web research, but I just found a few places outside New Jersey, since I'm not familiar with USA market, I thought somebody here could help me, you don't have to be a d!ck about it.
a bit more info really helps the context of your question.
If you had been more clear about your question, i'm sure a bunch of people would have came to help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
He's a member here for 7 years and doesn't retain anything in that amount of time ?? Foreigner or not, sounds a bit odd as he's from Newark all those years.

ED1989

Mimaki Technician
He's a member here for 7 years and doesn't retain anything in that amount of time ?? Foreigner or not, sounds a bit odd as he's from Newark all those years
Hi Gino, I'm from Honduras, I opened this account a few years ago because a friend told me there where many interesting topics for me.
I actually reset my signs101 password two days ago as you can see in the photo.
I change my address on my profile just then, I've been here less than a month.
It's kind of weird and funny at the same time that people instead of helping me tends to have an opinion about me :)

Attachments

• Foto de signs101.jpg
    Foto de signs101.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 84

ED1989

Mimaki Technician
a bit more info really helps the context of your question.
If you had been more clear about your question, i'm sure a bunch of people would have came to help.
You are absolutely right, sorry about that Pauly.
Anyway, I'd really appreciate your help if you have any info.