• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign repair

Hey,

How to repair my sign. I don’t think I want to drill a new hole so I imagine I will have to use some type of adhesive? As you can see only one of the screw eyes has come loose. There seems to be some weather protective coating along the top of the sign. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Ben

Attachments

• 06A85153-1EFC-46CA-9605-B36F211A1DCE.jpeg
    06A85153-1EFC-46CA-9605-B36F211A1DCE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 414
  • 566B08BC-90AA-49B3-81A2-0683D666D934.jpeg
    566B08BC-90AA-49B3-81A2-0683D666D934.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 358

Jun Lanon

Hey,

How to repair my sign. I don’t think I want to drill a new hole so I imagine I will have to use some type of adhesive? As you can see only one of the screw eyes has come loose. There seems to be some weather protective coating along the top of the sign. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Ben
Change to screw and an anchor, apply liquid nail. Spray with clear rustoleum spray paint on top of the sign for weather protection. I use rain X

2B

Is the frame hollow or solid?
assuming the longer eyelet is what was in the frame? what was it mounted on to in the frame
Why is the long eyelet look like it was buried in the dirt?

If hollow, use a wall anchor style mount, spring toggle head or a snap-toggle
you will have to look to find one large enough for the sign.
then come back and use sealant for the remaining opening

How old is this Sign or is it in a harsh climate?

Judging by the rust and corrosion on the wall anchor I would be concerned about the integrity of the PVC frame the ACM panels are mounted to

neato

I think the first questions should be:

How high is this thing hanging? How heavy is it?

Billct2

Are you a sign maker? That sign looks like it was really old when they put some new faces over it. From the looks of that "bolt" it's toast inside of the sign. Toss it.

TimToad

Throughbolt whenever possible. Yeah, I know nobody likes seeing hardware on their signs.

I guess some folks prefer potential business killing wrongful death lawsuits and civil judgements.

henryz

Hey Beny, I didn't see that you are a newbie so I want to take back some of what I said earlier. You want to repair this for a customer right. The faces look like if they are attached to the wood? with screws, make a new frame and screw them back on and replace both of the eye bolts to hang the sign.

Is the frame hollow or solid?
assuming the longer eyelet is what was in the frame? what was it mounted on to in the frame
Why is the long eyelet look like it was buried in the dirt?

If hollow, use a wall anchor style mount, spring toggle head or a snap-toggle
you will have to look to find one large enough for the sign.
then come back and use sealant for the remaining opening

How old is this Sign or is it in a harsh climate?

Judging by the rust and corrosion on the wall anchor I would be concerned about the integrity of the PVC frame the ACM panels are mounted to

Yes frame is solid. The eyelet was in the frame and has corroded. The sign is 5 years old and yes harsh winter climate.

Marlene

The faces look to be just screwed onto this inner frame. If the frame is still good, run flat bar up the sides and extend it about an inch above the top with holes in the flat bar to hang it form. The screw for the side mounted flat bar will get less stress and damage as it's on the sides rather than the top.