• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Studio Policy & Procedures Signs

Victorian Signs

Revamping our sign studio to better display our products, and show more samples to our clients, was wondering how many include on there wall, a copy of your policy, procedures, rates..........etc.

If so, would there be any place that has sample templates available, that could possible be modify to adapt to any studio, and or if anyone would love to share with us what works good for your shop,

We have never displayed anything for the past 19 yrs.............but new customers are getting more diffcult these days, and are becoming more

signshop shopping...........trying to nip this in the bu??

Thanks For Sharing:banghead:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
For the most part the only thing I put on the wall is examples of styles, and typeface that I know will cut great from 1" high to 20 inches high. I do have one sign that has some pricing on it, but it is just for basic stuff like how much a 1 color coroplast sign is, how much a magnetic sign is in a couple sizes, how much rig letting will cost, etc. Policy stuff is on any form I hand to them ... don't need to put it on the wall.

sadly, can't stop difficult new customers ... takes time and energy that is never fun.

Jillbeans

I have a sign in my office:

$50. Minimum Fee
Haggling Will Not Be Tolerated
Clients May Not Wait On Premises While Work Is Being Completed
No Clients Permitted In Work Areas
No Sketches Provided Without A Deposit
Full Payment Is Expected When Services Are Rendered

Yes, I am a b!tch but every one of those lines is there for a reason.
Sometimes it's easier to spell it out up front.
And even then, nobody listens anyway.
Love....Jill

OlsonSigns601

My sign says that I require 50% down and if you are paying by credit card the full payment must be made.

$25 charge for returned checks.

Everything else I give myself the luxury to make up as I see fit.

I also have example yard signs, parking signs and other common sign items in my lobby with a price on them.

I post my prices online for yard signs, 4x8 signs, business cards, ect, but leave it up to design for Channel Lettering, Vehicle Graphics and other higher priced jobs.

I do not have any templates as what I have I don't even like. I've procrastinating about doing some flyers and new work orders for a few weeks now.

Patentagosse

I've seen a funny sign saying:

LABOR RATES
½ hourly $30.00
If you watch $45.00
If you help $60.00

I'm thinking of doing it for the shop to set the boundaries...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Only funny sign I have is a piece of back sprayed acrylic that reads "Bad planning on your end, does not mean it will be an emergency on mine."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have this guy sporting the foyer wall. If we need it, we just point to it so no one gets the impression we're prejudiced... This way it looks as if we treat everyone the same. I always have the authority to not enforce a rule if I so choose, but the customer doesn't have any say as to how they shall be treated.

Now, we have other policy signs, but this is the most important one.

Attachments

• policy sign.jpg
    policy sign.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 72