• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signmate and Windows XP

carnie

Hi all, was wondering if anyone can help, been running signmate express to a roland cx-24 for years on win XP with
no problems, I upgraded to SP 2 and now production mgr freezes up, Roland told me to uninstall and reinstall, now
comes the problem trying to reinstall I get thru all the setup screens , pass, language then after that it closes
itself out, I called Roland and their support sucks, they said its Amaibles problem so I called them and they said
its Rolands problem they both suck , anybody have any ideas. Thank You

myronb

I ran into a similar problem a couple of years ago when a motherboard died. Bought a new system with XP & it did the same at install as what you are saying. Finally gave up & Bought Flexi.

Good Luck

thewood

Is SignMate an Amiable product? Does it use a hardware key? Sounds like an SP2 problem. Had the same problem with Flexi after installing SP2. The solution was installing a new SP2 friendly driver for the dongle. Good luck.

mediaman

SignMate was made for Roland by Scanvec-Amiable. It is not compatable with Windows beyond 2000 (according to my reliable sources).

OldPaint

techman needs to explain the multitude of problems with SP2.................on my work computer.....IT IS NOT INSTALLED...and i have no problems....it is on the house computer and my laptop. BUT i dont use either of those to plot with!!!!

Fairlane500

I've used SignMate PrintCut Pro on a Roland PC60 for years with few problems. First installed on Win95, then Win98 and now Win XP. Got rid of the PC60 and have a new Versacamm. Can still use the SignMate for plotting but lost the great printing abilities.

Looking for Signmate Express

HI... i had similar problems, i know this is an old post but hoping someone will see it as i have a bigger problem now. My Signmate express install disc has a bad scratch in it, so when i went to reimage my computer with windows XP (down from 7 because that didnt work) i cannot reinstall Signmate express. I still have my dongle and all paperwork and receipts. I called the original vendor, who i bought it from, everyone, but no one can help me as they no longer support this software. I have searched Ebay and no one is selling it used. Does anyone have a signmate express install disc that they are willing to let me buy a copy of, or send me a digital image file or anything? I dont want to loose all of my .SM files.
Thanks soo much!