• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signs101 logo

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hmmmm... No. I still like the original. I truly appreciate you determination to
us one of our scripts. I still think the Heartbeat has the best swing to fit
it. Your are welcomed to use the layout I did if it will fit.

Well the problem is that none of them fit in the way Chuck Davis originally laid out the art using Stanford. Your version using Heartbeat would be subject to the same stretching I did with Valentino and Snapper or the unstretched placement more in the middle as currently shown using your Signwriter.

I really don't want to add outlines as in the example you posted and I am not that crazy about Stanford anyway.

Steve C.

Well the problem is that none of them fit in the way Chuck Davis originally laid out the art using Stanford. Your version using Heartbeat would be subject to the same stretching I did with Valentino and Snapper or the unstretched placement more in the middle as currently shown using your Signwriter.

I really don't want to add outlines as in the example you posted and I am not that crazy about Stanford anyway.

As has be discussed here before... Some fonts are stretchable, others not so
much. In the version I did Heartbeat is quite stretched. the scripts you are
using don't really lend themselves to that long swash on the "s" as Heartbeat
does. As for the outline, I kind of like it, but Heartbeat could be slightly beefed
up with a contour and then delete the original vector... I don't know...
The 101 in my version is Cricket.

ucmj22

how bout this

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 3.42.33 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 3.42.33 PM.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 100

Craig Sjoquist

I did notice that the welcome is back to more visible again instead tucked away.

As for the Signs 101 logo they have been all good but do like it bolder, this one with the wavy S tail looks ok wavy tail and all, alot more bolder then the original which can be compare from the ad if not changed yet.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
As has be discussed here before... Some fonts are stretchable, others not so
much. In the version I did Heartbeat is quite stretched. the scripts you are
using don't really lend themselves to that long swash on the "s" as Heartbeat
does. As for the outline, I kind of like it, but Heartbeat could be slightly beefed
up with a contour and then delete the original vector... I don't know...
The 101 in my version is Cricket.

Heartbeat version beefed up is now showing.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Dunno....every time I look back it's different!

And Harvest f**ked up my browser, so I'm back to good ol' classic view.

There have been 5 or 6 versions up throughout the day. It looks like the Heartbeat version is what will be the new logo.

How so? ... it's the same templates, only the colors are changed.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
When I changed it at first it was fine.....then I closed firefox and actually did some work for a couple of hours. When I opened up firefox again and S101 opened (since it's my home page of course) it was buggy and froze up. Took me a couple of minutes just to scroll down and change the view back to normal. As soon as I did that it was fine. Strange...? Maybe my computer was so used to seeing the blue screen that the orange threw it off.

Those chips do get kind of rigid and brittle after a while.