• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs101 "Quote of the Week"

DSC

Funny quote.

That was funny, glad someone else picked up on it. I just got through reading that entire thread..

iSign

yeah, I found it worthy of putting in quotes too... worthy of a new thread though... I'm not so sure. I knew this would be a negative toned thread, and I can go there as much as anyone when someone sets themselves up for it... but like last week, Gregg got upset at Tomence's disrespect of the traditional craftsmanship of this trade... but he should have kept his comments in that thread where it was relevant, instead of starting a whole new thread to accentuate the negative.

I think that fish taco logo thread, or that Foodsmiths logo thread are the type that we should start whole new threads about, to draw others over there & showcase the best things about this forum, instead of the threads that are funny, but not representative of us at out best.

Jillbeans

Meh, I say that all the time on here.
I think almost everything Pat Whatley or Rick says is more quote worthy.
Love....Jill

rjpjr

Why Start another thread Flaming this guy when his logo attempt and attitude were flamed pretty thoroughly on the other thread? I completely understand the point you are trying to make regarding attitudes, but couldn't the subject be discussed in a manner that does not specifically call out individuals?

Most of my responses to :signs101: are in the LAYOUT/DESIGN or LOGO DESIGN threads so I obviously don't understand his mind set, but I don't know how constructive it is to openly flame a fellow :signs101: member either.

...deep sigh...

Carry on... no hard feelings, would just rather see positive/productive threads.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
RJ it would be nice to see more positive stuff but honestly I can't tell if these are joke submissions or not so I question does it really matter.

Some of the logo's people put up are just awful. And when they get all defensive it just makes it so much worse. To think that these people are the ones out there making horrible signs. It makes all the good sign makers look bad too. In my area even the billboards are subpar quality and start to fade within a month. There are 4x8 signs printed full color and some vinyl that are either faded completely or peeling after only a few years. And to make it worse they are ugly ass signs. I really need to go around and take a few pictures and post them here for all to see and judge.

It seems no matter how "nice" your critics are of bad design on this forum. Most of the original posters still gets defensive and mostly offended. They are "hard headed" and we'll never change their mind.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
We seem to be having a rash of one thread wonders. We need to apply some constructive criticism salve on the buttock of this site

Si Allen

What it boils down to is that these are mot sign makers.designers ... they are just people that put letters on a board.

They are the Joe Winos and Shakey Jakes of the modern world.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

MachServTech

Originally Posted by thesignguy1986
I love the fact there is open forums and such on this site but some people just get a little lippy with comments they post...I come here asking a simple question I'd like to let you know I've been doing this for 7 years and I can price out signs perfect and I have an invoice maker and estimate maker already I would just like to update...I can afford a $700 program I though choose not to for the simple fact I think it's over priced. It amazes me that for example flexi is a $8000 product and in 6 months or less a $4000 product and honestly you can get them on the web for about $2000. I think it just goes to show that theres no reason to be paying an Unneccasary $800 for a program that should run no more then a few hundred...My point being though is I can more then afford it or else I probably wouldnt be in business...I live in a town of about 2500 and yet I do close to $1000 a day...granted thats less then some but more then some as well...I may only make $500 profit a day because well I get a bargain on everything I buy ( which makes me a good shopper not a cheap ass) it's just pretty simple as I don't choose to spend money stupidly and $800 is stupid to me even if its not to you...that is why if you read my post you would see I'm simply looking for a USED program that way i can meet me getting a good product and a good deal in the middle...thanks...

thesignguy1986 needs to change his tag to "a_little _lippy"

TheSellOut

After I posted this thread I thought to myself that I should have posted a great quote along with this not-so-great quote. Though I know there were some great ones, Jill's was one that I remembered quite easily, it's one that I follow myself, and it's one that all new comers to our industry should follow...

Every job I do, whether it be a corosign or a big painted job, I do with care.

I didn't start a new thread to intentionally "flame" the guy more, although I do see how it looks that way. I did try helping the him out in his original post, and along with some harsh comments, he got a lot of good people giving him good advice and didn't even try putting any of it to use...he just quit because no one approved.

Anyways I am going to keep a better eye out for this weeks quotes and try to keep this thread going!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Bob has a lot of great quotes but he uses words too big for me to try and re-quote.

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya win some.... ya lose some...........

Threads go about the same......... you have winners and losers. We just tend to notice and thrive on the losers. What I don't understand is why so many people seem to enjoy the loser threads.

I get caught up in them, but like mentioned.... its sometimes very hard for me to believe some of the stuff I see and read are for real. Maybe we could make an icon to warn others before entering a thread if its pretend or not.

:supersmilie: FOR REAL

:iamwithstupid PRETEND

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For all we know Bob's a genius but until Babelfish has a "Bob to 'Merican" translation I'll never know.

:ROFLMAO::Big Laugh:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If bob were a genius.... you really think he'd be here with all of these people that can't write a single sentence without all kinds of problems ?? He'd stick a brush through each eyeball.

:ROFLMAO:

rjpjr

...I can't tell if these are joke submissions or not ...
yea, I know what you mean. I kinda wondered the same thing about the thread in question. I couldn't tell how for sure if he was trolling or not.

It seems no matter how "nice" your critics are of bad design on this forum. Most of the original posters still gets defensive and mostly offended. They are "hard headed" and we'll never change their mind.
There are a few threads that fit this description, but I think a high percentage of them are fairly positive with many of them very instructive IMHO.

We seem to be having a rash of one thread wonders. We need to apply some constructive criticism salve on the buttock of this site
Might make a nice addition to the smilies...

Especially if it were in the process of being applied.... :ROFLMAO::doh: Rick, you are a funny man.

...I should have posted a great quote along with this not-so-great quote. ...I am going to keep a better eye out for this weeks quotes and try to keep this thread going!

I actually like this idea, not that anyone asked me. I think it would be best to post the quotes without identifying where they came from. That would eliminate some prejudices and allow the quote to stand on its own.

Comedic quotes might also be a good addition. Then again, maybe not...
Why oh why is the Yetti shooting at the big giant titties?
:omg2: Believe it or not, the above quote can be found on this forum! That thread turned out to be very funny...well...IMHO.

This thread might actually have some potential. :thumb:

TheSellOut

I think it would be best to post the quotes without identifying where they came from. That would eliminate some prejudices and allow the quote to stand on its own.:

This was my first thought too, but it would be nice to have a link to the thread where the quote originated so ppl could see how it transpired. That is why I added links to the quotes I posted!

I think that it is only fair, I mean the things said in the open forum are out there for the general public to see...plus I would really like to see the post with the Yete shooting at the boobies!!