• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some before and afters

Z SIGNS

The existing post were in a large concrete footing so we left them.Made new posts to sleeve over the 4x4s
Worked out well.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• deerfield before.jpg
    deerfield before.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 189
  • deerfieldinstall.jpg
    deerfieldinstall.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 170
  • deerfield3.jpg
    deerfield3.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 170

FS-Keith

Nice transformation. You should think about buying yourself a harness. Every time I see you post a picture in your truck you dont have one on.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Be careful posting pics like that online possibly w/o proper safety gear on. You may want to remove or blur that area.

Z SIGNS

Nice transformation. You should think about buying yourself a harness. Every time I see you post a picture in your truck you dont have one on.
I have a harness it's laying in the bottom of the bucket.
Only strap in when my altitude is above 15'

FS-Keith

I have a harness it's laying in the bottom of the bucket.
Only strap in when my altitude is above 15'

The boom shouldnt come off the rest without you in a harness. I know of a guy who fell out out of a bucket 12-15' off the ground and is a vegetable now. Its not your well being I am concerned about its the making the rest of us look bad is why I mentioned it. You can do as you please I sure hope you dont let the help in that thing without one. Great looking sign though

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Funny you should say this. My neighbor is a crane fixer-upper. He does all kinds of electrical repairs to cranes all sizes and all around the world. Sunday, he was just telling me the highest he ever was up, was 485' in the air. I said, I couldn't get that high unless there were 4 walls around me. He just laughed and then I slowly said...... how did you get up there that high ?? A frickin' helicopter drop you off ?? Nope. Have to shimmy up those things and no harness is used. Hafta shimmy back down, too. He's in his mid forties, has 2 kids and a wife and he does this stuff everyday for a living. Most of the cranes aren't that high, but he never wears a harness. Yesterday, he was down at the Philadelphia Naval Yard, working on a ship's crane. Was up something like 125'. He wants to borrow our bucket truck this weekend to do some stuff around the house. Should I ask him to wear a harness ?? You bet, but I can't force him to, if I'm not home to see it. I'll just leave a note on the dashboard stating all people in bucket must wear safety harness provided in back of truck.