• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Source for small changeable letters?

Jillbeans

I have a client who has an ancient a-frame sign with tracks on it.
Looks like it may have been a freebie type sign from many many years ago.
It's a yellowed plastic face, with brittle plastic tracks, which slides into a black metal frame, about 20"x40".
The alphabet for it is long gone.
It would use letters on a 1½" blank.
I am going to call my supplier to see what size letter could straddle a track, but I don't think I can get something smaller than 4".
I say it's a case of just letting this old sign die a peaceful death but my customer thinks it's worth trying to save.
I tried talking them into just getting new faces to slide into the halfway decent existing frame but no dice. They want changeable letters.
Does anyone know any place which sells such a small set of changeable letters?
:thankyou::signs101:
Love....Jill

Jillbeans

Thanks. I have Glantz checking for me too, I guess they can get custom made econo letters.
They will probably cost more than just buying a new sign.
Which would be the best route if you ask me but what do I know?
:)

Marlene

try Grimco. seems like the letter sets for the sign-cades might be around that size as they aren't vey big.

Jillbeans

I can't find anything as small as what she needs. I told her I think she needs a new sign. I also offered to make double-sided coro inserts which she could flip around for her specials.
Thanks guys.