• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Specialty Wraps, Brushed Steel Land Rover

360Wraps_com

We wrapped this Forrest Green Land Rover in Brushed Steel with the 3M 1080 and it turned out so good. This was the first time we used this material, it was very interesting to work with. The film is quite thin and is very aggressive on the adhesive. If it sticks to itself it pretty much ruins the vinyl when you pull it apart. The temperature that you install it in is very critical to the ease of the install. We keep our shop around 72deg but when we would get in, in the morning and it was a bit cooler, it would break like really brittle. Same with removing it. The heat is a must, otherwise it breaks off in little chunks. Other than that, this [product can produce an awesome look that is impossible with paint. If you have any questions regarding this install, post them on here and I will respond.

http://bit.ly/360steelwrap

Tommy Strader
President
360 Wraps Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work Tommy. As always your wraps are topnotch. I can't tell you how much your training class helped my overall business. I plan on coming to see the new shop soon but if I can't get their before May Ill be in town for the NBM show so I'm sure I'll see you around.

rjssigns

Is the brushed steel conformable enough to do a 2011 Harley Sportster tank in one piece? I'm a little concerned with the compound contours on the front then dealing with the tanks taper. Always painted them so this is fresh territory. Fortunately I have a relative that is willing to put up with errors until I get it figured. Worse case I will paint it.

Craig Sjoquist

Interesting, DeLorean was ahead of his time indeed

Do we get to see what it looks like. Although the bits a pieces looked great.

360Wraps_com

Harley Wrap

Is the brushed steel conformable enough to do a 2011 Harley Sportster tank in one piece? I'm a little concerned with the compound contours on the front then dealing with the tanks taper. Always painted them so this is fresh territory. Fortunately I have a relative that is willing to put up with errors until I get it figured. Worse case I will paint it.

I would not recommend trying to wrap that in one piece, we hardly ever wrap stuff with such contours in one piece. We typically put seams in it, but do it in a way that even when you look at it up close you can not see the seams. The problem with this method on the brushed steel is that it has a directional grain to it like wood, so as the side curve around, any kind of seam would be noticeable up close. Take a close look at the top corner of the driver side front bumper on the brushed steel Land Rover wrap. Here are some pics of it finished.
http://on.fb.me/xN9ZH3

360Wraps_com

Sorry about the video not having full final pics in it, i shot most of it before the vehicle was done, hence the close up shots. Here is a link to the finished product. The sun was going down and the client picked it up that night so the pics are not the best, however the one on the pass side is really cool how the sun was reflecting off of it. Definitely gives it a unique look.

http://on.fb.me/xN9ZH3

360Wraps_com

This is different in some ways, but probably closer to the carbon fiber than the other materials. I would say though that it doesn't scratch as easy as the carbon fiber.

ForgeInc

looks great, I think. :help

Your photography skills and music choice leave a lot to be desired though, and...no full shots?

360Wraps_com

+1.. heating into channels - not always the best choice..

The adhesive on this material is amazing and we tested it on some really extreme contours and had no failures. We used to use 3M exclusively and used primer, regardless if we tented the material, ore squeegeed it into the channels we had failures. We have since switched our material back to Avery 1005 EZRS and it works amazing. The 1080 line of 3M has a much better adhesive than the IJ180cv3. The Avery line has a new line of matte and pigmented materials and it works really well.