• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SSK DesignTech 60

njsigns

Hello all,

I just recently read on another forum, that the SSK DesignTech 60 is infact the Graphtec CE3000-60 with their own name brand stamped on it. Does anyone know if any there is truth in that statement? They pretty much look like the same machine (they even seem to use the same pictures). Presets and the ips seem to be only difference (oh and the price - considerable difference). If anyone is using the SSK DesignTech 60 I'd like to hear what you have to say about it?

I am in the market for a new 24" cutter, and am looking for the best deal. I see Graphtec is highly recommended, and if this is indeed a Graphtec, it should be worth purchasing, right?

Thanks everyone,
Gene

Techman

it could be made by graphtec,, But
Cheaper is for a reason. Plastic bearings instead of metal.
Plastic gears, thinner drive belts,
smaller motors, fewer featurs,,

sdgenxr

For a little more you can pick up a refurb summa D60. I did and absolutely love it. Most people here will recomend Summa and Graphtec in that order. Just my $.02

WVB

OK here is the Truth on the DesignTech-60. Yes indeed it is made by Graphtec, with some differences. One being it has been slowed down, two being knocked down from 8 settings to 4 settings and the third being less downforce.

paintslinger

ssk designtech 60 Help

I just found out about ssk going down the crapper. I have not used my ds60 in about two years. I got a new laptop and wanted to load my software. I have windows vista now and it suxs so far. I cant find drivers for it anywhere. My new Toshiba satellite has a female serial port and so dose the connection cord to the ds60.

I read on another sight that a man was getting support from graph-tech until they found out it was a ssk ds60 they told him not to call back.

If this is so if anyone can prove this plotter was made by graph-tech please let me know I would like to be the first in a class action law suite.

If anyone can tell me if there are vista drivers for this or how to get them please let me know. If you know how to use the usb let me know. If you can tell me how to hook a female serial port to another female let me know please

Yours truly frustrated paintslinger

JCteesOhio

I have learned that is better to use the time to work and make money that way we can get a quality machine and not spend that same amount of time looking for information and opinions on this low quality and cheap machines. because we really spend a lot of time searching around to save some $$$ on this weird name machines. I did it before with a Cougar (very noisy when cutting).
my opinion.

Techman

There are no vista drivers,, none
Get a gender converter to you can change the gender for that cable.

Graphtec doesn't owe anyone tech support for a no name low cost casual use cutter.

would like to be the first in a class action law suite.
And theres no way you can get a class action lawsuit.

PGSigns

I have one that I got from SSK when I first got started and it has been a good cutter. Still gets used all the time. It was made by Graphtec. If you can get the DT60 for a good price its not a bad entry level cutter. As for the Vista problem posted, your stuck, XP is the only way to get going.
Jimmy

Jackpine

"I just recently read on another forum, that the SSK DesignTech 60 is infact the Graphtec CE3000-60 with their own name brand stamped on it. Does anyone know if any there is truth in that statement? They pretty much look like the same machine (they even seem to use the same pictures). Presets and the ips seem to be only difference (oh and the price - considerable difference). If anyone is using the SSK DesignTech 60 I'd like to hear what you have to say about it?"

It is the same but slower, less settings and it does NOT have the optical sensor recognition for contour cutting.

tin man

I have been a long time lurker and have learned alot just from viewing posts. My grandmother always said there was a reason why God gave you two ears (or in this case eyes) and one mouth.

I am a hobbiest, doing mainly my racecars and friends racecars. Started out with a Lynx from Signwarehouse and had a few isues. Tech support was terrible so I got a Designtech60 from SSK. My luck continues to go down hill. Tech support got much worse.

Today, when I fired up the plotter to redo a job that was stored, the new hardware wizzard pops up and asks for the install disk. Nothing that I'm aware of has been changed on my computer. I reloaded the software and now when I send a job, nothing happens. In Production manager, I see the job and in the status area there is a message that says "write port error" I've gone through the printer properties and don't see anything abnormal.

Two questions.

One. Any ideas?

Two. I seem to remember reading that SSK has reformed and opened under another name but can't locate it using the forum search. Has anybody who has a designtech 60 had any tech support issues and where did you go to resolve them?

I am using XP and LXI 7.5

Thanks for any suggestions

Darrell

Sign Works

Correct me if I am wrong here but dosen't this sceniero follow the same principles as...

Never enough time to do the job right in the first place but... Always enough time to do it over again?

but here we have...

Not enough time and money to buy the proper equipement in the first place but... Plenty of time and money to try to get this cheap equipement to work or for a law suit?

I just don't get this line of thinking, is it just me or what?

Heck, I alway's thought you generally get what pay for, anotherwords... Buy cheap crap, you get cheap crap!

Guess what fellas, their is a reason successful companies buy reputable established name brand equipement, simply put, they cannot afford not to.

Jackpine

No, they don't sell equipment anymore, just supplies. It is a good plotter made by Graphtec and I would think it would run with the CE3000 drivers.I'm not sure on Vista but I would think on XP or even 98.
No. Maryland.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they still tave tech support?

tin man

Thanks to Outlaw for leading me in the right direction on signpile. E mailed them and got a quick reply. For whatever reason it is defaulting to the wrong driver. I can change it and print the job, however, if I close out the program and reopen it, it's defaulted to the wrong driver again and I have to re select the correct one.

markz

we happen to have the plotter, from SSK, 3 years ago purchased, it's a Graphtec.........good machine. tracking on lenghts over 40 " suck. they shoulda had 3 rollers. darn.
good purchase i m o.
take care.
Virginia ! Geiger-Race fan ! going to USSC again ?

take care all.