• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stained Glass Look

psbc2009

Customer wants a stained glass film applied to their windows. Is this something you would print possibly, or are there products that acheive this look that are ready to apply. Any thoughts or material suggestions appreciated. Something new every day.

Pat Whatley

Translucent vinyl with black for the "lead" between the colors or digitally printed on clear. The digital print doesn't have the depth of color of the vinyl but is easier.

psbc2009

I was thinking of finding a pattern, printing it on clear, lam and install from the outside -or using customer design if they have something in mind

Farmboy

We've printed a few on 210 lam and they came out great. Customers loved the look. You just have to watch your heat settings.

Billct2

I did this fake stained glass for this pub. I also did some replica stained glass for inside that was much more detailed (and also backlit). I created custom fills in corel (if I didn't have to match the existing glas I would have used one of Fred's fills) then printed them on clear and applied to beige plexi. They were hard to tell from the real ones. I'll se if I can find a pic of those.

Attachments

• sullivan.jpg
    sullivan.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 67

sfr table hockey

I did this fake stained glass for this pub. I also did some replica stained glass for inside that was much more detailed (and also backlit). I created custom fills in corel (if I didn't have to match the existing glas I would have used one of Fred's fills) then printed them on clear and applied to beige plexi. They were hard to tell from the real ones. I'll se if I can find a pic of those.

I like that, those letters look like the real deal. What did the beige plexi do that you could not do by printing?

Just wondering.

Billct2

The beige toned down the illumination giving it a softer older look.
Here is a fill I built to match the existing glass inside . I put duranodic vinyl stripes on
for the leading after printing. Wish I could find a pic of the finished job, it looked pretty good.

Attachments

• SULLIGLASS.jpg
    SULLIGLASS.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 59

sfr table hockey

Yet another on the list of things I want to try.

Thanks for sharing. Simulated look is one thing but when you can't tell the difference..... that is too good.

Rooster

The dreamscape glasstex film is a printable textured vinyl that will give your simulations a little more texture than a regular flat clear laminate applied over glass will.

Sticky Signs

We do stained glass for the film industry all the time. The file is usually created in photo shop with the "led" included and some modelling in the colored areas. I print double pass on clear. Stick the vinyl to glass or plexi. Than we use real led tape to cover up the led lines. We than use a two-part clear resin to cover up the graphic. We mess around with the resin so that it dries with some texture to it. It's a long process but it always looks great.
This photo is from a set on Smallville.

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 62