• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Steamer for removal?

laserline

Thanks, this is great info....I'll be ordering one in later today.
I just finished 4 53' vans and was looking for a better way.

cdiesel

Thanks for the review.. I've always been curious about them as I've hear both that they work wonders, and that they suck. I think it's time we tried for ourselves!

Gene@mpls

gabagoo

I had a cube van in yesterday that we lettered up about 5 years ago and the Wagner was running all day.

It is far faster than a heat gun and on aluminum it seems to leave no glue residue whatsoever. I think on regular painted vehicles possibly with clear coat we get a lot of adhesive being left behind.

Now if we could only figure out a way not to get sore fingers after a few hours work lol

HulkSmash

Did a test this morning.
I had 2 uninstall one side with torches, and 1 guy do it with the steamer.

The 1 man steamer finished 35 minutes before the 2 with torches.

Signed Out

We are removing some decals off of the counterweights on a bunch of excavators. All of them are outside and it has been in the 30s and 40s, torch is useless because I can't get the surface to heat up and vinyl off is seeming to make it worse. I am ready to either buy the steamer or the MBX zapper which one should I get, will the steamer work in these conditions?