• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Still no cell phone. Actually loving it...

showcase 66

I lost my cell phone last week when I was in Pennsylvania. Friday, my cousin let me know that the mechanic found the phone in the car and is sending to me. I use my cell as my main contact phone for my business, plus I am frequently checking my email, facebook, texting. At first I was lost without it buy after a couple of days, I kinda dont want it back. Seems like a lot of stress is tied to that damn thing.

Anyone else tied to their phone?

Flame

Had no cell phone for 2 weeks...just got it back yesterday. Actually was a lot less stressful!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Toys or tools...they are what we make of them.

I've had my eye on a smart phone with all its gadgetry, but to be honest, my pre-paid phone does all I need it to do. Sure it's simple, but the lack of distractions help keep me focused on business.

Just to buck the system, I've even started using a notebook and a genuine wooden pencil again instead of the keyboard when doing my planning. There's something about the smell of a freshly sharpened pencil and the sound of the lead "scratching" across the paper that aids the creative process....and besides that, the keyboard is a poor tool for making doodles.

schramm

I only use my cell phone for emergency, I actually cannot stand them or people driving with them!!! I work from my house and like landlines better.

WildWestDesigns

I only use my cell phone for emergency, I actually cannot stand them or people driving with them!!! I work from my house and like landlines better.

No landlines here. We are glad to be done with them actually. We only had landlines as long as we did, because you needed them for internet for the longest time.

Jillbeans

I use my cell phone just for fun.
My idiot sister occasionally gives the # to her idiot friends who need signs (but never get them)
I have a landline biz phone.
To me, it seems more "stable" looking to have a regular local # as a biz line.
Glad yours is on the way back to you, and so sorry you had such a bummer of a trip.
Love....Jill
PS
I hate when I'm in the store and I think I see someone talking to themselves but they actually have one of them high-falutin' bluetooth thingamabobs.

GypsyGraphics

i really need to change my outgoing message on my cell phone.

it currently says, "leave a message and i'll call you back"
it should say "don't bother leaving a message, i never check these... i'm not calling you back"

i'm not sure why that is... i check my business line mail all the time.

Craig Sjoquist

Well my phone is for calling and receiving calls only ...NO TEXT or anything else and no extra stress .. it is my main number, bus name, website, lic. plate. and still no stress it's a cheapo too so if lost or broken easy to replace, it does bother me when unable to pay the bill so for a few days maybe a week or so no phone grrrrrr but I get by anyway.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My cell phone is for emergencies only. I use it as the 'Bat Phone' at the shop. When it rings, it's either the Goddess or one of a very select few I have given it to.

What did people do before they had these little toys ??

Business tools.... what a crock. You mean businesses couldn't operate before them....... or no one could keep a single thought in their head for more than two minutes without having to call home and ask..... what kinda milk did you want and how many bags of chips do we need ??

showcase 66

it should say "don't bother leaving a message, i never check these... i'm not calling you back"

Only reason I check my voice mail on the cell is basically to erase the messages and get that stupid icon off the phones main screen. I hate the little icon.

I have a land line but I usually have it forwarded to my cell.

Bigdawg

Just Me

Actually that's what my message says. "If you know me - you know I won't check my messages so don't bother leaving one."

If I see the missed call I call people back. My phone is on the fritz (that's what happens when you download software that locks your phone and doesn't want to unlock it)... going at lunch for the tech to disable it so I can have access again.

But I have missed it today :smile: