• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stopping in to see

Mosh

I have a customer with a 3'x5' picture frame she wants her logo put in.
So I set-up her logo in a scaled 3x5 frame and e-mailed it to her. She called me mad that I didn't e-mail it to her full size. She is now coming into my shop to look at it before I put it in her frame. Ah lady, I e-mailed you a proof, unless you have a 60" monitor it is not going to be ful size.
She kept asking how big the print will be, ah, this size is in the e-mail you are looking at. She is bringing the frame too, so she can show me how big it is and measure it. Ah 3'x5' right? NO 36"x60" fool!!!

southpawP8NTR

I get that all the time. "Is this how big it's gonna be?" And I say no it will be bigger, it's just to proportion of your sign. You gotta love people!

intense_design

haha.. don't you just love those customers.. I always say to my hubby (is everyone stupid but me today, the good times just keep on coming don't they) seems like if you get one.. then you keep getting them all day long some days.

Billct2

Ian Faith: Nigel gave me a drawing that said 18 inches. Now, whether or not he knows the difference between feet and inches is not my problem. I do what I'm told.
David St. Hubbins: But you're not as confused as him are you. I mean, it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlf5ucFanpY

signgal

ever try explaining the arrow thing on double sided signs?!

*face palms*

I end up folding a piece of paper in half to illustrate ROFL

tanneji

"What is this? A school for ants?!?!?!" Sorry, had to include the Zoolander quote cause I think about that all the time with folks.

Jillbeans

So familiar.
I have also done the arrow thing too, Signgal.
Have also had the dimensions written on everything in triplicate (using a pre-fabbed sign blank this customer saw on another job I did and requested the same thing)
"But it's so smallll!!!!"
After I make a gilded faux finished sign exactly as I described.
How many times do you get a call and the customer says "I want this in 6" block letters" and when you explain to them that the final word will be 13 feet long they don't get it?
"That's not burgundy that's maroon!"
If it wasn't for some customers I would absolutely love my job.
Love....Jill