• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Struggling w/ New Aveo Wrap

SqueeGee

We traded our old Aveo in on a new one earlier this summer and I need to get the new one wrapped by the weekend for a Holiday parade. Last time I was able to get to a design right away that clicked but I'm really struggling this go around.

I want to get some reflective on it and this design will allow us to do so in the "gray" section in the middle of the car. We'll print this area on 3M's 5100.

If we go with this design, we'll give it some more "polish" - maybe a subtle texture in the red and some dimensional effects on the text.

I'd love to hear suggestions!

Thanks.

Attachments

• SWOOPTY AVEO.jpg
    SWOOPTY AVEO.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 119

speedmedia

Honestly I like the design but I don't like how the logo is. The design seems to flow on the car pretty well though.

Thanks,
Kurt

Joe Diaz

Honestly I like the design but I don't like how the logo is. The design seems to flow on the car pretty well though.

Thanks,
Kurt

I agree.

The "PS" icon thingy doesn't match the rest of the layout. The effects you gave it give the icon dimension and shape, while the rest of the lettering and layout is simple and flat. I actually prefer the simplicity of the rest of the design, and if it were me, I would either lose the effects on the"PS" so that it matches, or go with a completely different icon design that matches the rest of the style better.

But I would give you an A for keeping this thing legible (other than the PS which is kind of lost with the light effects you gave it). :thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not about your design, but are my eyes deceiving me or are all of your letters dancing around ?? It looks like one is high, then the next is lower and then the next is high again on down the line on every line of copy you have except for the word 'signs'.

Joe Diaz

Not about your design, but are my eyes deceiving me or are all of your letters dancing around ?? It looks like one is high, then the next is lower and then the next is high again on down the line on every line of copy you have except for the word 'signs'.

Yeah I see that too.

Hey SqueeG,

Are you using Corel? If so, I like to convert my fonts to curves before I export a sketch. For what ever reason it fixes that "dancing" that Gino pointed out.

AKProbeGT

I'm not digging the logo either. I'd take it out, make the name slightly bigger and center it in the white space.

SqueeGee

Here it is with the text changed up a bit to match the logo. I'm concerned that we're sacrificing legibility. What do you all think?

Attachments

• SWOOPTY AVEO 2a.jpg
    SWOOPTY AVEO 2a.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 109
  • SWOOPTY AVEO 2b.jpg
    SWOOPTY AVEO 2b.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 100

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i don't think the design is bad...i just have one question...what will the other side look like? if you keep the same angle on the "swooshy" red/black parts, the copy will be running downhill and i've never seen a design where that worked....

HeavyHitter

i don't think the design is bad...i just have one question...what will the other side look like? if you keep the same angle on the "swooshy" red/black parts, the copy will be running downhill and i've never seen a design where that worked....

I don't follow you on this one. I would assume the side of the car would be a mirror to the other side. If you are referring to the logo swooshy deal The center PS part could be flipped leaving the outside to match the other side. Correct me if I am wrong but that leaves only the text to flip when going to the passenger side. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it so I may have overlooked something.

Dan

SqueeGee

I decided to go with the second design in my second post. I'm happy with the overall theme, just not sure how the logo and text on the door will turn out. Worst case scenario, I'll reprint the gray area on the sides and cover it up if I end up hating it. Thanks for everyone's input!

rjpjr

Squeege...

IMHO, the PS icon and the company name are fighting each other. At a quick glance I am not sure the casual observer would connect the two together. They almost appear to be to separate identities or messages. I might suggest to move the PS icon to the Hood leaving plenty of room for the name. Another option would be to go greyscale with PS icon and increase the size of the name and locate it much closer to the icon linking the two together. About the name...or rather the colors of the name...I might look at replacing the red hue of the "Performance" and "phone number" with an orange hue. This would add contrast between the company name and the background red. Finally, I would also tone down the web address and use a grey or satin aluminum.

:thumb:

Attachments

• Squeegee-Aveo.jpg
    Squeegee-Aveo.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 115

SqueeGee

Squeege...

IMHO, the PS icon and the company name are fighting each other. ... Finally, I would also tone down the web address and use a grey or satin aluminum.

:thumb:

I agree.

I believe the first issue you mention is not only related to the wrap but to our identity in general. I want to redesign our logo but we are moving to a new location in about 60 days and I'm afraid to change too much at one time.

We're doing the website in reflective white which I think will have the same effect as your suggestion.

Thanks!