• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

suggestions for a weak design concept?

toucan_graphics

My client is starting a "bubble tea" shop & needs a logo. Her shop is called "Bubble Tea" and she wants orange/green/blue color shades and a bubble theme. I don't like this at all but I am not coming up with anything stellar.

Your help is appreciated.

bubble tea logo start.jpg

toucan_graphics

yikes is right!

There isn't any way to make this thing presentable given the criteria the client wants. I could sub it out, or just vomit on the screen and make them happy. Uggghh

artbot

i'd go with something more effervescent. this reminds me of a car wash logo. (i know this is a bit lame but maybe it's a starting point).

Attachments

• bubble tea 1.jpg
    bubble tea 1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 118
  • bubble tea 2.jpg
    bubble tea 2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 102
  • bubble tree 3.jpg
    bubble tree 3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Locals Find!

Bubble Tea is Tea with Tapioca in it. Try some. That should give you the inspiration you need.

Your reaction to the tea will be one of two ways.

1. You will spit it up all over the room swearing that is the nastiest concoction you have ever tasted.
2. You will actually like it

John Butto

Bubble Tea is Tea with Tapioca in it. Try some. That should give you the inspiration you need.

Your reaction to the tea will be one of two ways.

1. You will spit it up all over the room swearing that is the nastiest concoction you have ever tasted.
2. You will actually like it
Its TeaTime with Addie, "O its a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood, won't you be my neighbor"!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Not every logo has to be some sort of visual abstraction or the product or, more likely, a visual synechdoche or a metonymy. Blue, green, and yellow don't have to be pastels. Merely because the word 'Bubble' is a part of the product doesn't mean that the result has to look like a dog bath or a package of chewing gum. You need to get way outside the box created by the strength of the word 'Bubble' and the color requirements.

CanuckSigns

If it's anythink like the bubble tea places around here, this is apparently what they are after

Attachments

• BUBBLE TEA.jpg
    BUBBLE TEA.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 110

toucan_graphics

Not every logo has to be some sort of visual abstraction or the product or, more likely, a visual synechdoche or a metonymy. Blue, green, and yellow don't have to be pastels. Merely because the word 'Bubble' is a part of the product doesn't mean that the result has to look like a dog bath or a package of chewing gum. You need to get way outside the box created by the strength of the word 'Bubble' and the color requirements.

This was my original thought as well (though not as eloquently thought as your reply) but the client gave specific instructions which make for terrible design. I'll probably put this regurgitation next to my own design and see what their thoughts are. Once they see their ideas on paper they may hate it as much as I do.