• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I have seen quite a few cnc's do just that including one we own. (Regarding the emergency stop.)

There is no need for a neutral, in a polyphase circuit, unless it is necessary to comply with local codes. (The kind written by bureaucrats, not electrical engineers. In a polyphase circuit there is no neutral, the voltage is identical, each leg RELATIVE to the other 2. There is no polarity, so no neutral
Disconnecting the neutral would stop things but you'd also risk making the ground hot correct? It doesn't make a bunch of sense to me unless I don't really understand it, that is possible
There's no need for a neutral in 240 1ph yes but it is used typically when you're gonna grab 120 from it inside of a panel

Rickey J

After some tracing down wires we finally found the “EMERGENCY STOP” issue. Some how one of the wires coming from the button was wired backwards. Im not sure if it was from the previous owner or what. Never the less we have the cutter up and running. I can’t thank everyone who commented enough. It was a Sunday and I’m sure everyone had better thing to do. So, with that said thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
After some tracing down wires we finally found the “EMERGENCY STOP” issue. Some how one of the wires coming from the button was wired backwards. Im not sure if it was from the previous owner or what. Never the less we have the cutter up and running. I can’t thank everyone who commented enough. It was a Sunday and I’m sure everyone had better thing to do. So, with that said thank you again!

How do you wire a switch backwards? It's open or closed.

Rickey J

The switch has four wires coming from the back, the brown and black wires were backwards going into the main harness.

netsol

Typically, though theybwill use some sort of isolation/stepdown transformer or a chop circuit to drive a convertor.

123sticker

123sticker
The difference in my first connections and those of Jimmys show, that a 3 phase without neutral is possible. It also says so in the site preparation manual. An engineer can find the 2 power boxes (in my machine the 2 silver ones) and look what they need for input. Then follow the connections to make sure it gets the power. When turning on the machine there should start some LEDs on the power box and some timer relays.