• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa OPOS marks in Adobe Illustrator 2022 for Mac?

SIGraphics

Is there anyway to add OPOS marks to a file in ilustratator 2022 or even 2021? Summa's plugins don't even load and I've found nothing else. Updating the Creative Cloud app nixed my illustrator 2020 and now it seems there's no way to add the marks at all. Can't even downgrade to 2020

SIGraphics

Good afternoon,

There is an illustrator plug-in available for the CC2021 version included with the GoSign Tools that you can download here - https://www.airmark.com/pages/s-one-series-vinyl-cutter-downloads. Unfortunately there has not been a plug-in developed yet for the 2022 version but I would assume that will be available in the coming months.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
That's PC only though right? I'm the designer of the company and work exclusively on Macs and it just messes up my workflow a lot not being able to add marks from my workstation. I can't believe these simple plugins are so easily broken by adobe updates

ProColorGraphics

I have actually just made a swatch pallet for the dot and arrow. Then I like placing them myself. I like to have them a little tighter anyways to save material.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Yes, unfortunately if you're on Mac OS the last plug-in update was for the CC2020 version. It seems like the Mac plug-in releases really lag behind the Windows updates and I am not sure why that is the case, especially with so many designers preferring to use Macs. I have asked Summa about this many times for clients of ours over the past couple years and the response is usually that the plug-ins are under development. I wish I had a solution for you but until the new updated plug-ins are released unfortunately there isn't really anything I can do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

jerry369

You can install MacSign Plugins for macOS, it will add a new command in the Object menu to add OPOS registration marks: "MacSign is a collection of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator that allow you to output jobs directly from Illustrator to a Summa roll cutter for macOS."

You can download it directly from Summa support web site:

The plugin is updated to AI 2021 but it runs under rosetta with the new Apple Silicon M1

johnnysigns

Why can't you downgrade to Illy 2020? I've definitely pulled down legacy versions in the past to run older plotters we had that weren't supported anymore.

Saturn

Aging Member
If you're using material with only or two common widths it's easy to create your own regmark template files.

You just align/distribute the side marks to your needed height before saving.

This can be done in any version of Illustrator and is what I did for almost two years before moving to the barcode from Onyx.

PatriotWorks

Good afternoon,

There is an illustrator plug-in available for the CC2021 version included with the GoSign Tools that you can download here - https://www.airmark.com/pages/s-one-series-vinyl-cutter-downloads. Unfortunately there has not been a plug-in developed yet for the 2022 version but I would assume that will be available in the coming months.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
HI Phil! We chatted a while back on your online chat near Kenmore. I know this is 2 month old thread. In my sign making past I've learned things after the purchase I wished I knew before. As a potential buyer for one of these machines, street talk seems to indicate issues with the software. I'm sure every dealer and Summa exec winced over Lee Stewart's UTube video. Trouble is, I wanna know what the problem is? I have an old Sign Warehouse 30" cutter plotter that runs off Flexi and it does and outstanding job. I have a hard time believing Summa can't get this right? All I want to do is exactly what Lee Stewart is doing....Perfcutting decals. I'm prolly a few notches under expert with Illustrator.
I design on a Mac but I'm forced to used Windows to run the rips. I use Versaworks RIP and Flexi or Lxi. What do I need to know to perfcut a 3" by 4" oval?

PatriotWorks

I was given a beta of the 2022 macsign software. it works great.
I don't get the connection and why software for Summa would be an issue. But I bet you can clear it up for me!
I design in Illustrator.
Take my print files to my Roland and RIP the file in Rolands Versaworks and it prints!
I'm guessing Summa and Versaworks are not on speaking terms?
I inherited and older 30" Signwarehouse cutter with an old version of LXi Master. It works even better than Versaworks! I can import my AI files directly and cut letters. That works really good but I'm limited to 30" material.
Is the 2022 MacSign software a program that RIPS Illustrator files for Summa?

jerry369

SIGraphics refers to MacSign Plug-in, a series of plugins for Adobe Illustrator for Mac that allows you to add Summa registration marks to graphics and send kiss-cut and Flexcut data directly to the plotter from Illustrator.
For owners of the MacSign Full application it is possible to add custom marks and add barcode (front and back) as shown in this picture:

Attachments

• OPOS.jpg
    OPOS.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 298

PatriotWorks

SIGraphics refers to MacSign Plug-in, a series of plugins for Adobe Illustrator for Mac that allows you to add Summa registration marks to graphics and send kiss-cut and Flexcut data directly to the plotter from Illustrator.
For owners of the MacSign Full application it is possible to add custom marks and add barcode (front and back) as shown in this picture:
Thank you! Starting to get it. In my case....I design in the splendid comfort of my man cave in the basement on a Mac, then carry a flashdrive 56 paces in 16" of snow to my shop where a windows machine resides to run my printers and cutters.
Would I be correct in believing MacSign only works on a Mac?
It appears one of two programs come standard with a purchase: Winplot OR MacSign. Hmmmmm?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 07.58.33.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 07.58.33.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 297

jerry369

Would I be correct in believing MacSign only works on a Mac?
It appears one of two programs come standard with a purchase: Winplot OR MacSign. Hmmmmm?

MacSign Plug-in only works on Mac, MacSign, the application that runs stand-alone, is for Mac (until 10.14) and Windows

Currently the software provided by Summa for its plotters (SOne, S2 and SummaCut, with latest firmare) is GoSign (Windows) and MacSign-Plugin (MacOs).
Winplot (Windows) and MacSign Cut (MacOS) are for legacy vinyl cutters only

SIGraphics

I don't get the connection and why software for Summa would be an issue. But I bet you can clear it up for me!
I design in Illustrator.
Take my print files to my Roland and RIP the file in Rolands Versaworks and it prints!
I'm guessing Summa and Versaworks are not on speaking terms?
I inherited and older 30" Signwarehouse cutter with an old version of LXi Master. It works even better than Versaworks! I can import my AI files directly and cut letters. That works really good but I'm limited to 30" material.
I just use the illustrator plugin to add opus marks, then I print the file in onyx and print the printed sheet to my summa to plot. My problem was when adobe updated summa's plugin wasn't compatible so I had no way to add the marks but thankfully I was given a beta of this macsign for Illustrator 2022 to do the same thing

jadrewitz

I use 2022 Illustrator on a new M1 Pro. There is a work around. Make sure the summa plug-in is in the plug in folder. If you run illustrator normally you will get an error letting you know the plug in doesn't work for the M1 chips. Open Creative Cloud app, click "All Apps" on the left. To the right of Illustrator is the 3 ellipses, click that and you will see an option to Run Intel. Should run fine with the Summa plug in, I have the Summa 2018 version. If you need clarification please let me know.

PatriotWorks

MacSign, the application that runs stand-alone, is for Mac (until 10.14) and Windows
....AND Windows????
Insert cartoon double take and appropriate noises.

Jerry...can you say that again?????
I know nothing about MacSign or GoSign but are you saying Macsign works open both platforms?

PatriotWorks

I have actually just made a swatch pallet for the dot and arrow. Then I like placing them myself. I like to have them a little tighter anyways to save material.
I design on a Mac but print with windows.
I've spent 3 hours to no avail trying to get the plugin to work on my Mac.
Somebody posted somewhere what the size of the squares are.....but I can't find it.
Can you send me the file?
and the specifics?
Please?

ProColorGraphics

I design on a Mac but print with windows.
I've spent 3 hours to no avail trying to get the plugin to work on my Mac.
Somebody posted somewhere what the size of the squares are.....but I can't find it.
Can you send me the file?
and the specifics?
Please?
It's a 5mm black circle, set to a spot color call "Regmark"