• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S One 160 Drag pressure issue

martinow

Hello everyone!

I am having issues with my Summa S one. The pressure when doing Kiss cut is stronger all the way to the right on the machine (Towards the touch screen) then it is all the way to the left.

I know this, because when cutting out decals, I have X grams applied and the decals pops out ease on the right, but harder on the left.

What might the issue be?

The machine is completely new

balstestrat

Problem Solver
New machine, you should be telling the dealer to drag their ass out there and fix it.
Can be a issue in the cutting head.

martinow

The techs from the dealer was here today. They say that they could not find any defects. The first print I try after they leave have the same problem

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
What type of material is it that you are trying to cut and are you trying to cut all the way through the material with a kiss cut? It would be really helpful if you could post a video showing the problem and include the cutting parameters you are using like you cutting force, cutting speeds, etc.. A picture of the blade depth would also be helpful. If you're trying to cut all the way through the material using a kiss cut it is going to be vital to use the correct blade depth and pressure setting and also have your pinch rollers set correctly. If the gaps between the pinch rollers are different from left to right that could cause the material to lift a little in the areas where the gaps between the rollers are wider and that could potentially cause the inconsistencies with the cutting depth across the span. If you can post a video I will take a look and see if there are any adjustments that could be made to improve the cut quality.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

rjssigns

I believe the folks that are using kiss cut instead of Flex Cut set up files to cut twice at the same pressure. I haven't tried it yet.

martinow

PHILJOHNSON
Sorry for the late response. The material is : https://www.grafityp.com/product/m010p/ with the same material for laminate.

I am trying to cut all the way through.
Blade depth:
1624638666423.png

Rollers are equally divided.
Knife pressure: 250-280G
Offset: 0.42mm
Speed: 200-400mms without any difference.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
It looks like the blade depth is fine and the material with laminate is less than 6 mil so theoretically this should be possible. Have you tried cutting the path twice, maybe with a lower pressure setting, to see how well that works on this material?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

jerry369

Sorry for the late response. The material is : https://www.grafityp.com/product/m010p/ with the same material for laminate.

I am trying to cut all the way through.

If I understand correctly, you are thru-cutting the media without using the flexcut option but with an high kiss-cutting pression.
The material tickness is:

Thickness vinyl + adhesive + release liner: 210μm
lamination with the same material (Thickness vinyl): 80μm

Total material tickness: 290μm

max depth for standard 36° knife is 250μm.

You must use a 60° knife (and in any case, using kiss.cutting to cut through media does not guarantee good cutting results)

Goatshaver

I have a similar issue except cuts are not as deep on both of the outer edges. I have not figured out why. Otherwise if you're trying to cut all the way through I'd say pull back your blade a little bit. When I do cut all the way through I use around 285G pressure and do the test cut until the blade cuts through and you can easily pop out the test cut. I also use 2 passes for full cuts through the backer as I find it just makes a cleaner cut and I have less problems than a single cut.

There's a fine line where you'll have to have the blade set and pressure just right to do this and it can be quite frustrating but once you figure out, it works great.