• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Supplier/Distributor Frustration

G

Ginger

I am desperately seeking a supplier that will deliver to our shop with any kind of customer service. We are constantly searching for sheets of alumalite/econolite/nudo board of varying sizes and colors. No one seems to have anything other than 4x8 white. Our current options are:

Grimco - completely worthless
Tubelite - completely worthless

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HulkSmash

I am desperately seeking a supplier that will deliver to our shop with any kind of customer service. We are constantly searching for sheets of alumalite/econolite/nudo board of varying sizes and colors. No one seems to have anything other than 4x8 white. Our current options are:

Grimco is awesome.. delivery free over 100 bucks... replace bad products.. no questions asked.. great group of people very friendly..

ams

The best company for substrates that I deal with is N. Glantz they carry dozens of different material at a very very low price. I happen to be on their delivery route so I only pay $3.00 for shipping no matter what I order.

http://www.nglantz.com/

ova

Don't know exactly where you're located in Ohio, but N Glance delivers to the Youngstown area from the Pittsburgh location. We get deliveries twice a week here.

Dave

Letterbox Mike

Where in Ohio are you? I'm another Grimco fan, but we buy a lot from Laird Plastics as well. Been dealing with Grimco for years and years, they make mistakes like everyone else but they've always bent over backwards to fix anything wrong.

G

Ginger

I am located in West Central Ohio. We deal with Grimco out of Columbus, I should have mentioned that in my original post. I am sure the different Grimco warehouses vary on their customer service. Thanks to everyone for the alternatives!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To make such a bold and mean statement, would you mind elaborating on what makes you believe these vendors to be worthless ??

Could it possibly be that your orders are not meeting minimums or you have too many restrictions, like shipping address or times of delivery ??

FatCat

I'm another shop in Central Ohio, what exactly are you looking for? I agree Grimco doesn't carry much in-stock of the special colors, etc. But they can always special order them. If you need more variety I would give Laird Plastics a call. http://columbus.lairdplastics.com/index.php?option=content&task=section&id=20&Itemid=67&MCU=49

G

Ginger

I apologize for coming off a bit strong, it is just frustrating getting caught between my supplier and my customer. At the moment I am looking for 5'x10' alumalite/econolite/alumacorr. Called Grimco October 28th, they didn't have it in stock, they were getting a truck in and could have it delivered to us on November 1st. If that wasn't the case they were going to call to let us know otherwise. No call. November 1st comes and goes, no Grimco delivery. Call November 2nd, they explain they can't have it until November 8th?! In the mean time I have already told my customer would be installed this week, sooooo... now I am stuck letting my customer down. I can certainly appreciate that no one is perfect, but this is getting to be a habit with many of our suppliers. If none of the warehouses want to stock colors or larger sizes they shouldn't put the stuff in their catalogs. I thought that was the whole purpose of the "warehouse", if all I ever wanted was 4'x8' of white I should just order a semi load from the distributor right?

Again, I appreciate the other suggestions and have made some phone calls already, you guys rock!

Letterbox Mike

Try Laird Plastics down here in Dayton, I'm almost positive they have it in stock, they always have in the past when I needed it. They don't deliver (for free) but when you're in a pinch they may be the best option, It's got to be less than an hours drive for you too.

Neon Engineering out of Cincinnati also delivers up this way twice a week, not sure if they go all the way up to you but would be worth a shot. They don't have an enormous stock of odd sizes but they have the basics. Laird tends to have some more unusual sizes at all times though. They're very competitive on pricing as well.

getting those products in sizes other than 4x8 isint easy being that 4x8 is standard. the colors on the other hand arent that diffucult. I know tubelite in orlando stocks many colors and even has their own brand of alum composite but as of now is only offered in white. if they have it they can ship it to you.

G

Ginger

Upon further reflection, I don't mind what suppliers decide they want to carry, I just wish their catalogs correctly represented that selection, that is where my frustration comes from. More specifically, I call Laminators Inc, they say Tubelite of Columbus carries double sided Omega board, call Tubelite, they say they do not (despite it being in their catalog). I'm selling double sided signs... now what? I don't have time to call around all day trying to figure out where to order material. Grrrrr. Just frustrating, maybe it will get better if/when the economy comes back.