• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Temporary Daily Sign Cover Up

Ultimate13

We have a customer looking to cover up 2 drive thru signs twice a day. The current signs are 30" x 30" aluminum with rounded corners mounted to a pole. The signs they want to have made will cover these and be installed and removed twice a day. Also in an effort to not destroy the current signs of course.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to do this successfully would be great, thank you in advance.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Are they changing the words on them or just blanking them out? Any other info you can provide so I can picture this better?

Ultimate13

Are they changing the words on them or just blanking them out? Any other info you can provide so I can picture this better?
They are basically changing an exit only sign to say drive thru during busy hours so they will have 2 lanes for drive thru. It will have text on it and cover the entire sign or large enough to cover the existing text.

20180730_141128.jpg

ikarasu

If it's only during business hours, and theyre not worried the sign would be stolen... I'd just do Aluminum panel or plastic like this -

37511_1000.jpg

Easy enough to throw on when they need to or take off. Also easy for a customer to grab it while walking by... But sounds like they only need it during open hours, so it might work.

Could always drill a hole on the bottom of both and use a padlock if need be... Not as pretty though.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Make them out of one of those lightweight poly/aluma skinned panels - put a small 'U' channel extrusion on the backside, top & bottom, so they can slide it on and off. Would have to check for clearance on the pole but there is usually a small offset.

unclebun

Mount a hinge at the bottom of the sign, with another sign that covers the EXIT ONLY with DRIVE THRU. Put a latch at the top to hold it.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
I know they are probably cheap customers, but the ultimate solution is to make an electronic message center type pf sign where you could program the display copy.