• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thanksgiving!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow Jill...............

That's a lota cooking.

Carol's making Turducken this year. She started making all the extra ingredients for the stuffings, cranberry sauce and lotsa other things yesterday. She's busily preparing things all day today and probably most of tomorrow. She'll be starting the Turducken around 8 or 9am Thursday.... the sucker has to go for about 6 to 7 hours. I already told her she'll be tired by day's end tomorrow, so I'll bring supper home. One of our customers is the best Italian joint for miles around. It's a private Italian Club and is well known for their pizza.... plus many other things...... so I'm bringing home that tomorrow night. I'm so thoughtful........:rolleyes:

By the way, the part your grandma likes is called the botzel in our house. That's PA Dutch for the turkey's ass. :Oops:

I can't wait to eat and then fall asleep complaining how stuffed I am and then listening to everyone's stories about how they never eat like this on other holidays.......

I can't think of a time that I don't eat like it's my last meal.... I just love to eat............ and she loves to cook. What a pair !! :doh:

Happy gobble-gobble.............

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
is that like bread stuffing but with potato?
pretty much....onion, seasonings and a couple other things get fried up in a pan...add that to the bread crumbs with egg, then stir in the fresh smashed potatoes...mix it up real good then toss it in the oven for a bit....the actual recipe escapes me cause it's actually up at my parents cabin and i only make it once a year...

Marlene

pretty much....onion, seasonings and a couple other things get fried up in a pan...add that to the bread crumbs with egg, then stir in the fresh smashed potatoes...mix it up real good then toss it in the oven for a bit....the actual recipe escapes me cause it's actually up at my parents cabin and i only make it once a year...

sounds good!

showcase 66

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone. On Monday my plan was not to work on wed or thurs and hopefully friday. Then I got a call about doing signs for a Turkey Trot Race on thursday and they want 32 Black coro sign with orange lettering. I had to order it and it wont be here until wednesday.

Wednesday night will be the real party for us. We have 2 - 110 gallon drums buried in the back yard that we put turkeys in. Season them and wrap them in tin foil. drop them in the pit after a bonfire has been burning for about 3 hours. Cover the pit up and then dig it out on Thursday around 11. We are doing 30 turkeys for friends and family and another 20 turkeys to donate to a local church that has a free turkey dinner for the community.

Marlene

We are doing 30 turkeys for friends and family and another 20 turkeys to donate to a local church that has a free turkey dinner for the community.

really nice that you are donating 20 turkeys to a local church so others can enjoy the day! the very best to you and your family, you sure warmed my cold old heart!