• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thanksgiving!

Marlene

we will be shutting down after today for the hoilday break. I wanted to wish all my fellow signs101 family a Happy Thanksgiving and hope it finds you with family and friends. eat lots of pie and enjoy the day!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're closing early tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving backatcha and to everyone else............ :toasting:

WildWestDesigns

Officially I'll be closed, but I'm sure I'll still be doing design work. If I don't my mom and the ole ball and chain get really upset if I hang around the kitchen while they are working. So stay at my office during the day and either do my own designs or work on someone else's.

Happy Turkey day to all.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Happy Thanksgiving back at ya'. We are closed Thurs and Friday... which means I'll be out there with the crazy people Friday AM...

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
shops only closed thursday, but i'm off til monday after tomorrow....

time to head up to the poconos, and cook dinner so my mom doesn't have to...then shopping on black friday (which is a laid back event for us) with the kids....and peanut night (bon fire and plenty of jameson) on saturday...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone here on the forum...whether you live in the US or not....

Marlene

time to head up to the poconos, and cook dinner so my mom doesn't have to...then shopping on black friday (which is a laid back event for us) with the kids....and peanut night (bon fire and plenty of jameson) on saturday...

that sounds like fun. it's nice to hear some one say black Friday is a laid back event! so many just freak out. love teh bon fire idea, really fun this time of the year.

my daughter is going to her husband's family this year so it's just hubby and me. thougth about just doing nothing as hubby is Canadian and wouldn't miss the Nov Thanksgiving but decided that wouldn't do. we are doing it up right with all the fixings as I love doing that and it's the only time of the year we eat some of those things. found out hubby does look forward to Thanksgiving now he's a yank so it will be fun. so it's boiled white onions in heavy cream, marshmallow salad, squash and pies!

what's your favorite dish? mine is the boiled white onions in heavy cream and if that didn't kill you, there's also about a stick of real butter. we only have it once a year or we would be dead!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
loveturkey.gif
Thanksgiving_Leaves.gif
turkeywaving.gif

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
that sounds like fun. it's nice to hear some one say black Friday is a laid back event! so many just freak out.
we don't even leave the cabin til 11am, and we only hit one or two stores that aren't swamped...the kids love it!

love teh bon fire idea, really fun this time of the year.
been doing that for..well this'll be our thirteenth year....it's a family tradition...the last night to get drunk before buck season starts...

what's your favorite dish? mine is the boiled white onions in heavy cream and if that didn't kill you, there's also about a stick of real butter. we only have it once a year or we would be dead!
i love this potato stuffing we make....i could eat the entire bowl of that and nothing else...

ova

We're closed Thur. to Mon.

This is our family gathering time at Mom's. She's 80 and might not see many more, but who knows. Fact is, she still does all the cooking and preparing of all the foods. If anyone tries to help, she takes a fit. They'll be about 40 or so people sitting at the tables at one time. It's the best day of the year for us.

So to all of the 101ers. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and eat hearty.

Dave

Jillbeans

Just bought the groceries.
No sh!t it was almost $200!
Mom is coming up, I always invite her to next Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving itself so one of my siblings doesn't beat me to it.
I make the pies the night before.
2 pumpkin, a cherry, mince, and apple, and those little swirlies out of leftover dough with cinnamon & sugar.
We have pie for breakfast (if you read what I wrote on the other Thanksgiving topic you'll know why)
We watch the parades on TV, they are not as exciting as when I was a kid.
I get up about 6 then start cooking. We eat at 1pm.
Rachael helps me with some stuff and I make the boys peel the potatoes.
This year everyone bugged me to make that stupid green bean casserole.
But there are a few things we have to have, and we only have on that day.
Niblets corn (boil in bag with fake butter sauce)
Layered biscuits (the kind in the roll in the refrigerated section of the store)
Candied sweet potatoes
Spray whipped cream and Cool Whip
Also make all the other stuff that everybody else makes.
This year I could not find pearl onions, so I don't have to make creamed ones.
Rachael and my soon-to-be daughter-in-law Kate do the dishes.
Rachael can't reach the sink too well at 8 months pregnant this year.
My sons lounge around and sleep and watch TV.
As for Black Friday....no.
The best thing about Thanksgiving (to me) is the turkey sandwiches the next day on white bread with mayo and lettuce, smash the bread.
And cold stuffing for breakfast.
:)
This year I have my kitchen torn apart so I better get off of 101 and get busy.
Have a great day everybody!
Love....Jill

daveb

General Know-it-all
Time to break out the noodle pot. I make homemade chicken and noodles for the family get togethers, my grandmothers were my favorite this time of year:tongue:. After she pasted away I found her recipe and have been making them for family functions every since.... time for lunch, you guys are making me hungry. Have a great Thanksgiving:Cool 2: