• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

the hook up

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Does anyone know where we can get alcohol in bulk with perhaps local shipping? The shipping for alcohol kills us and I'm tired of wiping walmart out every time I go in there.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I don't know who you've got for sign suppliers but I get alcohol from our supplier that we get daily deliveries from.

I'm assuming you are looking for isopropyl? You can get denatured alcohol from automotive paint suppliers.

rjssigns

Does anyone know where we can get alcohol in bulk with perhaps local shipping? The shipping for alcohol kills us and I'm tired of wiping walmart out every time I go in there.
Should be a chemical supply warehouse in your area. Then you can buy it 55 gallons at a time. Drum should be around 700 bucks.

netsol

i think we run into the issue of alcohol being a flammable liquid

in the 1970's i did some ordering for our largest client, who had a chain of dairy stores

you couldn't send vanilla extract through the tunnels.
one day i was with a friend from DOT and i opened a gallon of vanilla and showed him that it was impossible to light it.

THAT DOESN'T MATTER. it begins and ends with the flammable sticker

Stacey K

I like making signs
I got sick of running to walmart and the dollar store...during the pandemic neither had any. I got a 5 gallon pail delivered, don't remember the cost but I needed it. The sticker says Stoner Moulding Solutions

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you have the space you could go DIY like grampa used to do:
1649202501818.png

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Are you sure that's for 99% isopropyl? I've never seen gallons of alcohol at walmart, just quarts or pints. This even beats rjssigns bulk price by 50%, which is hard to believe.
Yea, we buy the 32 oz bottles. 4 of them is a gallon...2.19 each..equals $8.74 plus tax

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Check with your local Janitorial Supply house.
Couldn't find it anywhere when Covid came around but they had it. I buy it in a 5 Gallon container 99.9 % Medical Grade for about $80-90

Scotchbrite

No comment
All alcohol must not be made the same because it costs us a lot more than what you guys are talking about. Or I'm just getting ripped off.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
my daughter's best friends parents (second cousins' step sister) have a pool supply company. I'm going to check with them.

MikePro

shouldn't have to cut with water if you're cleaning with haste & intent. the "hot" isopropyl will, however, burn polycarb & paint surface finishes if mindlessly sprayed and allowed to bead for an extended period on the surface. Spray & wipe or spray the rag & wipe, and the goooood stuff is good for everything except flame-polished acrylic edges.

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
shouldn't have to cut with water if you're cleaning with haste & intent. the "hot" isopropyl will, however, burn polycarb & paint surface finishes is mindlessly sprayed and allowed to bead for an extended period on the surface. Spray & wipe or spray the rag & wipe, and the goooood stuff is good for everything except flame-polished acrylic edges.
Yea, we have a face shield in here now that needs graphics on it and there is a huge warning label about applying alcohol at all on it. My partner used to own a crime scene clean up and he has a face shield that is messed up from alcohol.

mkmie

Lost Soul
Feed Stores, hardware stores and cleaning supply in your area should have in 1 and/or 5 gallon options.