• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Polished Turd Contest - VOTE NOW!

Vote for your favorite!

• Design 1

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Design 2

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Design 3

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Design 4

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Design 5

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Design 6

• Design 7

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Design 8

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Design9

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Design 10

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Design 11

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Design 12

• Design 13

• Design 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Design 15

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Design 16

• Design 17

• Total voters

iSign

...With all the drama around here lately I thought it would be fun to try something that could remind us of the things that we do agree on. Like how all caps Old English looks like crap, or how we hate to see brush script on a semi. So in the spirit of comradery and fun, I thought we should have a design contest or something similer. To see who can come up with the best design using those elements of design we hate. Like script on an arch, or red on black or what ever. Let’s see what the designers on Signs101 are made of..

actually, that quote was the first comments leading up to the following guidelines:
I thought it would be more interesting to pick out what elements have to be used but let the creative people of signs 101 pick their own subject matter. So…

You have to use brush script and all caps Old English together in one design. Other then that, no other rules. I figure that in it self is challenging enough. You can have the fictional company be who ever you want. Kudos points will be awarded for those that make us laugh and will probably help you win, when we vote.

mcgrawdesigns

Great job to everyone who participated. It is great to see everyone have a little fun on here, especially this time of year. I had to laugh out loud when I saw design #9, there is a shop right here in my town that is named Xtreme ------, and they seriously have Old English for the Xtreme and Brush Script for the second word of their name. On top of that their new sign is black with red letters!!! It just blows me away at what some people really think looks good. Unbelievable, we are having this design-off poking fun of this type of work and some people are out there paying for it!!! Merry Christmas everybody at Signs 101.

SignsOfMaine

I loled a lot at EXTREEEEM GRAFIXXXXX ... there are so many wannabes out there who abuse that same barbed wire and tribal tattoo crowd with junk like that. For sheer home basement quality and that microsoft word look I loved "seedy fonts" with impact super demi black.

3dsignco

I just really really hope the Extreeem Grapixxxx designer is making fun of designs. If not... boy are we gonna feel like crap.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Charlie J

You mean that's not how you spell it? Yeah thats my handy work. I kinda got carried away with my "turd" and didn't really care to polish it. I can't believe anyone voted for it though.

Charlie J

I loled a lot at EXTREEEEM GRAFIXXXXX ... there are so many wannabes out there who abuse that same barbed wire and tribal tattoo crowd with junk like that. For sheer home basement quality and that microsoft word look I loved "seedy fonts" with impact super demi black.

The next contest should be who can make the best design using only microsoft word wordart.

iSign

well, I finally went with my first intention... #5 is too cool to pass up! Lots of good stuff, but that one looked like a winner. Looks like my opinion is in good company too!

WOW... even my quickie garnished a couple votes... amazing :)

PMG

My choice is # 11 i think i know who did this one and it fits him well....good job by all who took part in this ..its a nice change from the norm around here....fun fun fun.

Ken

I'm betting #5 is Jill's entry...and that's where my vote goes..really like #8 also.
Cheers and Merry Christmas.
Ken

iSign

hmmm... I was wondering about that Ken... I think it is someone inspired by Jill though... it's got a Jillbeans vibe for sure, but I'm not sure it is her style of sign design... more like a sign about her style of forum presence?

I'm thinking Weaselboogie maybe?

Joe Diaz

Well, it's a new week, so it's time for a bump. I'm going to let this thing go for a day or two more to let anyone who missed it have a chance to vote, since this thing happened over the holiday season.

Pat suggested earlier we we take the top 3 or 5 and re-vote, but I'm excited to move on to the next contest and I'm not sure if it is necessary. Does anyone object to that?

To keep this post alive for a few more days, if people want to take this time to guess whose is whose that could be pretty interesting.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Go to the next one, but first tell us who did these, some really cool and funny stuff.