• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinkung of buying a Corel Product, but not sure which...

68dodgeramman

I bought the Intuos 4 tablet not long ago. They included Corel Painter Sketch Pad with it. I really like it. But I'd like to get software that will allow me to save or export drawings as a vector to use in Lxi8. First of all, are there any programs that even do this. I hear alot about Corel and PhotoShop. So I'm just curious about the two and what specific suite or version, I should get. Thanks for any input, and I'm sorry about being so vague it's just that I don't have any experience with either. Thanks again.

J Hill Designs

the corel suites come with coreldraw (vector) and corelpaint (raster) as well as some other goodies - newest is X5, so you can prob find a good deal on X3/X4 somewhere...

Jim Hill

Coreldraw products.

Not sure right now if I would purchase X-5 until they get some bugs fixed.

Some people seem to have no problems but others are reporting that their needs to be some tweaking done.

X-4 seems fine along with X-3

Jim

signage

Dodgeramman look for some of the tutorial links I have posted for when you get this. One addition I would highly recommend is advanced artist training tutorials well worth the money!

Jim Doggett

I bought the Intuos 4 tablet not long ago. They included Corel Painter Sketch Pad with it. I really like it. But I'd like to get software that will allow me to save or export drawings as a vector to use in Lxi8. First of all, are there any programs that even do this. I hear alot about Corel and PhotoShop. So I'm just curious about the two and what specific suite or version, I should get. Thanks for any input, and I'm sorry about being so vague it's just that I don't have any experience with either. Thanks again.

Hi Ram man,

The complete Corel Graphics Suite (Draw, Paint, etc.) is the way to go. Anything X3 or above is fine ... buy an earlier version to save some bux, be more stable and work better on XP, Vista ... albeit your LXi 8 works on Win7, so no prob if you're on the newest Win platform.

But I'd also look into Photoshop for bitmaps. It's light years beyond Corel Photo Paint, IMO. And there too, buying an older version online or from Craigslist.com (etc.) is cheap .. and with the money you save go dual monitor (work on one monitor / have every tool on the other monitor)

Also, since you're a SignWarehouse customer, I'd advise checking out www.signwarehouse.com/forums since we have discussion there on using CorelDRAW, and our techs and I jump in with tips / help.

My $0.02,

Jim

jiarby

X5 is a dog! A seriously bad dog that pees all over your carpet, chews up your slippers and rapes your cat.

Use X4 until they fix it (hopefully with SP1)

cantgetright

Hello to all I'm new to all of this so if my question sounds stupid please forgive me .So I have been reading these forums for about 2 hours and all I find is information on Corel and photoshop so my question is ,is Gimp also compatible with the LXI 8.6 for I have just bought a 31" Vinyl express cutter from signwarehouse also what kind of format can u also use for the vinyl expresscutter cant u just copy a picture and paste say a smiley face from the internet and cut it ?