• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This has stumped a chump!

vestule

I have never posted before, let alone requested anything...
But I am in need of locating a font...

This is for Orlando Clipper Boat Company, who went out of business approx 30 years ago.

My buddy is restoring one of these old boats...

I am not concerned about the Orlando Text, but I need to locate the clipper font. (Does not have to have the windblown tic marks)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can locate it...

Tom S.
Orlando, FL

Orlando_Clipper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's the spitting image of a font we used to use called 'Slash'. Unfortunately, it was totally hand painted using flats. I'm sure someone will find this one on a computer somewhere.

os101king

think yer gonna have to vectorize this puppy yerself. You'll spend as much time if not more trying to scare up a font that you'll realize doesn't match in the end.

mi .02.

OldPaint

in this business....sometimes you really need a SIGN PAINTER with some ARTISTIC ABILITY....i would take craig
up on his offer ......if the guy is doin it back to ORIGINAL...vinyl wont work!!!!

BoogerB

I too would do it with vector by hand, then go back and create the wind ticks, then mask and paint by hand. Would look much better I'm sure.