• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To Dell or not to Dell...

Flame

I am honestly considering a Dell computer. 4GB of Ram, 160GB hard drive, dual core.... and under $700.

What is everyone's opinions on a Dell these days?

mystysue

Our Last computers we bought are dell.. and Ive been really happy with them.. They do the jobs we need them to.

weaselboogie

I have 3. I bought all of them refurbished. My first one I had for 6 years and only replaced the hard drive. Love em.!

cdiesel

I have both dells and customs, and the dells outperform the customs speed-wise and have less freezes. AND they were cheaper!

I am happy with our 2 desktops and 1 laptop. We've had our oldest desktop for 4 years now and haven't had any problems. Good luck with your purchase.

high impact

I've had a few dells in the past...all were great but one. I think it had a processor problem that never got resolved.

Now I have two toshiba laptops with intel and they are ok. 3 compaq desktops with athlon processors and they are awesome.

Love Mac & have three Dell's. They have all been great for PC Transition. I was going to build one , but the price was almost comparable. Plus it's hard to beat 24/7 support.

Ken

It's actually a real good time to buy into Dell stock ( Dell (nasdaq))...theyare just opening up a Chinese presence. Most of their stuff is made there anyway..now they are going to sell locally. They hit a low recently..movin' on up!
Ken

S

Sign-Man Signs

I am honestly considering a Dell computer. 4GB of Ram, 160GB hard drive, dual core.... and under $700.

What is everyone's opinions on a Dell these days?

Where are you buying these uder $700.00? How about a link. I build my own, but under price is REAL good.

PGSigns

My daughter has a dell laptop that has taken a beating and has held up great. I have been watching the off lease stuff they have and as soon as what I want come up I am going to replace my Toshiba with one.
Jimmy

njsigns

bumping this up - still curious about where I can get a deal like this. I usually build my own, but this sounds good and I'm in the market for something powerful.

I built a machine/complete system on dell.com last night for $2054 after seeing this post. I have to admit I'm quite impressed with what I can get for my money. I've been a Dell naysayer since I can remember. Thinking about conforming.

Gene