• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer motorcycle wrap

abadsvt

Hi everyone. My family is heavily into racing motorcyles. They decided to convert one work trailer into a motorcycle trailer for the races they go to. They asked me to design the wrap for the trailer. Since its family im not going charge them for the wrap (like they would pay me anyways...LOL) so in return i get to put my logo on the trailer. They wanted something cool is all they told me. So since i really don't design vehice wraps much i thought i would get your opinions. The trailer will be wrapped all the way around just not the top portion. Please keep in mind this is just a rough draft and i am looking for constructive critism. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

Josh

ps. my website isn't up an running yet. Wanted to let everyone know so they don't try and go there yet. Soon though.

Attachments

• Idea 1.jpg
    Idea 1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 140

SignManiac

Too many bike pictures. One large great shot should be enough. No flow or real composition to your copy. Think super graphic. It looks like a million other trailers with letters stuck on the side.

Think outside the trailer.

BALLPARK

I agree with the poster above on a single image...

I would also blend/fade the image into the background. The background you designed is awesome!

If you are going to use multiple shots of the bike, I would suggest to cutout the bike. I think it would look better and allow you more options on locations.

But you will have you work cutout for you, no pun intended...b/c the bike is already so dark.

Either way... You have a good base for the design!

abadsvt

Thanks guys for the comments. I really appreciate it. I did a quick switch around so let me know what you think. Thanks

Josh

Attachments

• Idea 2.jpg
    Idea 2.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 118

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's no 'Oomph'. It looks like something from a postcard or your kid's scrapbook. I would think if you intend to have people flocki9ng to your website, ya better get some excitement going there.... especially for your own backyard.

When I first looked at the picture, I thought the trailer had two flat tires. LoL

weaselboogie

trim out the bike (don't forget to feather). Also, make your bike going the direction that the trailer is going. Mirror the opposite side also.

Sign_Boy

I'd ditch the background image and just use the image of the bike on the track.
Try to stay away from framing out the pic of the bike.
Here's a real fast bad attempt at what I was thinking.
But I think it gives you the idea

Attachments

• Quick.jpg
    Quick.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 85

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd ditch the background image and just use the image of the bike on the track.
Try to stay away from framing out the pic of the bike.
Here's a real fast bad attempt at what I was thinking.
But I think it gives you the idea

Now.... that has PIZAZZ !!

stickermonkey

Thanks guys for the comments. I really appreciate it. I did a quick switch around so let me know what you think. Thanks

Josh

take the background away from the photo of the bike. Your background is really good...but adding the rectangular photo takes away from it. Also...you would be able to make your logo larger. One other thing I'd do is perhaps pull one of the colours from your logo and make a splash of some sort behind the bike. :)

signswi

I really, really don't like the typography. Ditch the serif. The papyrus logo really bugs me too but I'm guessing that's out of your control.

Craig Sjoquist

Getting better and better great, yes signboy got the good action shot going on,
I liked your background and your copy layout,
looks like ya can keep improving on this and have a awesome trailer wrap

abadsvt

Thanks everyone for the comments. Helps me learn.

Sign Boy- like the layout! Very cool. I showed them your idea and they like it alot but they told me that they want something a little less flashy. Thanks though for the idea!!!!!

I have got alot of people asking about the background and where i got it. I found it on the web when i was surfing for a grunge background. Then i added the "Perferated Metal" that i download off a free vector website, changed the color and used photoshop to blend the two together. istockphoto though has a cool grunge background that is high dpi. Its a different color (more of a yellow-tan color) but if i use that background i plan on just changing the color to gray scale. The perferated metal isn't part of it but you can easily add the two together.

I will cut the motorcycle out from the background and see how that looks and post what it looks like. Thanks again for the comments!!!!

Josh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Josh......

In all seriousness, if they don't like that.... there's something wrong with them. They are mistaking a professional eye appeal first class layout.... for low humdrum if they lower their standards to the earlier posts. Your background looks like someone printed a little picture on the back of some perf vinyl. If they want less 'Flash' then tell them to just put some die-cut vinyl on the trailer and be done with it.

C'mon, even the picture he chose has more going on than some guy laying over at turn 4. There's action, suspense and tension all wrapped up into one picture. What more [or less] could they possibly want ??

mdjamesd

Why not make the background of the image, the inside of the trailer?
Make it look like "claws" ripped down the sides, exposing what is inside

abadsvt

Well i isolated the pic of the rider like you suggested and i like it better. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Josh

Attachments

• Idea 3.jpg
    Idea 3.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 111

abadsvt

Why not make the background of the image, the inside of the trailer?
Make it look like "claws" ripped down the sides, exposing what is inside

For the tailgate of the trailer i was thinking of taking a pic of the motorcycles parked in the trailer with gear and make that the tailgate pic. Like your looking through the closed door.

Josh