• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Triangle ink for JV33 Pro's and Con's

mustafade

Has anyone out there has any experience with triangle ink.
Currently we are OEM SS21 and thinking to convert over to JVV.

I couldn't find any conversion instructions to find out what it will take to convert it over I'm talking about money wise.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Demir

ravitan

i use triangle ink
it is the recommended ink by the legal dealer of mimaki in israel(there is only one in here)
i get it 4 90$ per liter if i buy a set of 4+liqwid and a wiper

mustafade

i use triangle ink
it is the recommended ink by the legal dealer of mimaki in israel(there is only one in here)
i get it 4 90$ per liter if i buy a set of 4+liqwid and a wiper
Thanks for your reply Rativan.
When you changed over to Triangle what step did you take to change it over?
For instance;
Did you use OEM flusing agent? How many cartridge did you use for per color?
Afterward s did you use Triangles flushing agent? and How many cartridge of that did you use?
Did you do it your self or a technician did it?

Thanks for your Rativan,

Demir

JERHEMI

I just made the transititon to 20/20 inks Friday! Piece of cake! No flushing necessary! I threw every question and concern I had at Grimco, and they had an answer for every single one! I felt comfortable making the transition, so I made the move! Grimco's "Friday Special" a few weeks ago had 20/20 440ml inks on sale for $70 each, then for making the transition they knocked off another $5 per ink, so they ended up being $65 each x 8 inks = $520! I saved pretty much half I would be spending on OEM inks! Normally, the 20/20 inks are going to be $80, so going to save around $300 on inks in the future. So far the prints looks the same, odor is a little different, but not stronger, going to get 20/20 warranty, and for whatever reason in the future I don't like 20/20 inks I can switch back to OEM easily. So far so good!

MikePro

most suppliers will give you free flush for switching over. most 3rd party inks boast hot-swappable, where no flushing is required but hell, just do it and treat your printer to a cleaning while you're in transition anyways.

triangle appears to be at the top of the 3rd party ink selection, and i've yet to hear negative reviews. Which will have me switching to Triangle cartridges, most likely before summer, and soon after I'll be upgrading to a refillable system when I get around to ordering all my parts.

Jack Knight1979

You haven't looked around hard enough. Anyone I talk to that has used Triangle for any length of time has negative things to say.

For me getting Triangle to run properly was like ice skating up hill.
Not all the inks fault. I used a bulk system which causes problems.

I have had excellent luck with Solaris. ZERO problems. Triangle was a daily struggle.

Best of luck w/ Triangle.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I switched out JV33 over to Triangle JVV cartridges about a year ago. Not a single problem at all. Prints beautifully and I believe it has a slightly wider gamut. I did not flush it at all - I did however time it to where I was as low on the oem inks as possible, then when I was between jobs where one of my oem colors was going to run out - I switched all cartridges over all at once. Did 3 ink fill ups to make sure it was fully on the triangle ink and was off to the races.

One thing I did do and I strongly suggest - this will depend on your RIP as well regarding what you will need to do it - is to create new custom profiles. We run Flexi Pro which has profiling built into the Production Manager and it natively supports an Eye One Pro. Also - another tip - JSI Sign carries Triangle inks - the price you see on the main pages is not the same price once you add it to your cart which is even less. ;)

I have also read many many good reviews about Solaris ink as well but they seem to be reluctant to show ink for JV33 in cartridges but I have been told by them that they do indeed have it and you just need to request it from your dealer. I may go back to a bulk system one day - used to use a bulk system on our old JV3 - which will give additional savings but I have to admit - just plugging cartridges is about as simple as it gets and the JV33 has the ability to autoswitch when one gets low anyways.

thewood

You haven't looked around hard enough. Anyone I talk to that has used Triangle for any length of time has negative things to say.

We have used Triangle inks for the JV3 with the Easy Fill Pro bulk system for around 7-8 years with no problems at all. The inks are superior to OEM in price, color and durability.

mustafade

I switched out JV33 over to Triangle JVV cartridges about a year ago. Not a single problem at all. Prints beautifully and I believe it has a slightly wider gamut. I did not flush it at all - I did however time it to where I was as low on the oem inks as possible, then when I was between jobs where one of my oem colors was going to run out - I switched all cartridges over all at once. Did 3 ink fill ups to make sure it was fully on the triangle ink and was off to the races.

One thing I did do and I strongly suggest - this will depend on your RIP as well regarding what you will need to do it - is to create new custom profiles. We run Flexi Pro which has profiling built into the Production Manager and it natively supports an Eye One Pro. Also - another tip - JSI Sign carries Triangle inks - the price you see on the main pages is not the same price once you add it to your cart which is even less. ;)

I have also read many many good reviews about Solaris ink as well but they seem to be reluctant to show ink for JV33 in cartridges but I have been told by them that they do indeed have it and you just need to request it from your dealer. I may go back to a bulk system one day - used to use a bulk system on our old JV3 - which will give additional savings but I have to admit - just plugging cartridges is about as simple as it gets and the JV33 has the ability to autoswitch when one gets low anyways.
Quick question;
On my JV33 one of each cartridges are already empty (2xCMYK). Others about 30 to 40%. When you convert yours did you ordered 8 cartridges and changed them or you did them set at a time?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You could order just 4 cartridges I suppose and switch them one at a time. While they claim (as do others like Solaris) that you can simply plug a single (mix and match) and keep on going I just did not like the idea of mixing the different brands on actual prints. I know a little was mixed when I switched them all over though.

If only doing 4 cartridges and to switch it all at once the way I did - one one of the 4 remaining OEM carts run out or very near out. Just switch the 4 that still have a little left all at once. That way the 4 slots with empties still have carts in them and you can do a couple of fills to flush all the oem ink and be fully on the JVV ink.

One thing I also remebered I did. After the first ink fill to flush it - I pulled all the active carts to force it to switch the the others and did another fill. Then force switched it back. I did this to also purge the tiny bit of oem ink in the line behind the inactive cartridges. It not much but there is about a foot of ink line between each of the cartridges and the Y in the ink lines where the ink lines tie together behind the cartridge slots to allow the auto-switching of one cartridge to the next.

Quick question;
On my JV33 one of each cartridges are already empty (2xCMYK). Others about 30 to 40%. When you convert yours did you ordered 8 cartridges and changed them or you did them set at a time?

mustafade

You could order just 4 cartridges I suppose and switch them one at a time. While they claim (as do others like Solaris) that you can simply plug a single (mix and match) and keep on going I just did not like the idea of mixing the different brands on actual prints. I know a little was mixed when I switched them all over though.

If only doing 4 cartridges and to switch it all at once the way I did - one one of the 4 remaining OEM carts run out or very near out. Just switch the 4 that still have a little left all at once. That way the 4 slots with empties still have carts in them and you can do a couple of fills to flush all the oem ink and be fully on the JVV ink.

One thing I also remebered I did. After the first ink fill to flush it - I pulled all the active carts to force it to switch the the others and did another fill. Then force switched it back. I did this to also purge the tiny bit of oem ink in the line behind the inactive cartridges. It not much but there is about a foot of ink line between each of the cartridges and the Y in the ink lines where the ink lines tie together behind the cartridge slots to allow the auto-switching of one cartridge to the next.
That really is a great tip.

Thank you very much!