• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to cut letters

shuv76

Hello I have Corel 2017 and am trying to cut letters. It is just one word but it cuts like the middle letter first then the outside letter then the other side letter then the letters in between and it takes so long. It used to cut them in a line one after the other. I have over a hundred to cut and would like to figure out why it's doing it.
Thank you for any help,,paul

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I don't cut from Corel, but I do see this happen when the text isn't text anymore. The software is seeing the separate shapes and cutting out of order.

I use Gerber software and I have an option to Sequential Plot which makes it cut from left to right no matter what the shapes are.

netsol

it always seemed to me that it always cuts "stupidly" for want of a technical term

your problem is speed, because who really cares what order it cuts in (other than limiting how much shuffling of the roll is involved)

shuv76

I don't cut from Corel, but I do see this happen when the text isn't text anymore. The software is seeing the separate shapes and cutting out of order.

I use Gerber software and I have an option to Sequential Plot which makes it cut from left to right no matter what the shapes are.

I am sorry ,,I meant i made the file in corel but I am in cut studio when cutting vinyl,,thanks

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
This is very simple. The digital graphic files (vector) has a sandwich structure and the cutter takes the layers of this sandwich one by one.
(Don't need to separate all symbols in different work layers.)
You should distribute symbols in your file in the order you want to cut it. Use "order" menu to do it.
For example, you need to cut the word: "Rock" in backward starts from "k" to "R".
So on top, you will place the letter "k" lower will go letter "c" lower "o" and in back "R".