• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unimportant question but want opinions

ericmitchell29

I painted my shop truck flat black, don't want to sink alot into it because its probably only going to last another year or 2 but decided to put some vinyl on it.

Anyway, Should I paint the rims red or black?
I did a quick design to go on the doors.

Thanks
Eric

Attachments

• createddesignratrod.jpg
    createddesignratrod.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 107
  • createddesignratrod2.jpg
    createddesignratrod2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 94

skyhigh

I'd go with black!!! The flat black paint job should look cool....and the doors look good too.

If you paint the wheels red....well, lets just say I don't think that will look too professional.

Attachments

• red wheels.jpg
    red wheels.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 86

ericmitchell29

haha. thats funny. But how did you get that picture of me? Seriously?

I was thinking red because of the old rat rods from way back.
I have the chrome inset on each wheel so it would offset the red a bit.

Blacks cool too.
thanks Eric

Artgunner

I think it needs more of something that will underscore your company name. Not saying to complicate but a design that will turn heads keeping with the theme you desire.

Art

ericmitchell29

I'm thinking about going with the gloss red, chrome center and actually doing a white wall tire.

I dunno, It'll probably get done 2 years from now... I never make enough time to promote my own business with my vehicles. I know everyone probably has that issue to some degree.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, something I always wanted to do was make my vehicle look bitchin'..... and then highlight the living crap out of the wheels and tires. Yep, make them the focal point of the vehicle. That's the ticket, I'm sure you'll get alot of business out of displaying wheels and tires. Better consider putting some wheels and tires in your front window, so people can choose better.

Wheels and tires can have a nice look or whatever, but why make them the featured part of the vehicle ?? They should be understated elegance and charm.... not the first thing you see from across the street.

ericmitchell29

Hahaha Gino, In the words of the two little Italian cars on the Disney Movie Cars.... You don't know what you want. Black wall blend in... white wall say Look at me. haha.

I'm just messing around, but, in all honesty, I love the old school look. And trust me... I would rather have people looking at the wheels over looking at the truck... its just not that much of a prize.

Letterbox Mike

I don't know guys, I know it's not everyone's taste, but it's got a certain look to it...

Attachments

• ShowTell-Brads30FordRatRod-003.jpg
    ShowTell-Brads30FordRatRod-003.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2484907725_7378123b06.jpg
    2484907725_7378123b06.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 92

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ah, yes insig.... if you have something worth displaying then by all means its a must and some flames might help, too. If you have something worthwhile of a subject matter, then I agree, but an old pickup that has a year or so life in it.... doesn't sound like a likely candidate in my opinion. Especially, it you're a sign shop where image is what you do for a living and not about promoting crap.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
mr tangent,

the point of the thread was about the color of his wheels, not if you deem it necessary to spruce up his heap....

he did say it was an unimportant question....

TheSnowman

I'd go with something chrome. But that's just me, and personal opinion. I have never been a fan of any colored rims.

ericmitchell29

Awesome.... alright ... I'll try to kill this thread before it gets out of hand... haha. Truck isn't a show winner, I don't want to appear that I am making it into one therefore I was going with the rat rod look. If I put a wrap on this to promote my business people would question my sanity, so I wanted to have some fun with it while it was still running. Its not the flagship of my business, its just a grocery getter and cardboard scrap transporter to the local recycling station.

I get what your saying Gino, but you gotta understand where i was coming from, which I think you do.

I'll post some pictures if I can get it done this week.
thanks all
Eric

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh, I get it eric and don't get me wrong..... such as mrs Tangent has...... I have the same predicament with our truck. It's a 1984 Ford and has seen better days, so I try to not make it noticeable on any level. Any of the people here at the mixer last year can attest to that.....

When you think outside of the box and address things that maybe you didn't think of.... it represents others trying to help you and possibly make an observation others might not have thought of, but if you stick with the question at hand sometimes things go stagnant and I didn't want to see that happen for you.

Our old 'Freddie' has done wonders for us over the years and I haven't paid a car payment in over 20 years on it, so I keep it going the best I can. Kinda sentimental feeling going on there.

I guess if I were to put killer wheels and tires on Freddie, we'd think about giving him a facelift at the same time and then sprucing him up all over.

Start with the bottom and work your way up. :thumb:

Rooster

I'm thinking about going with the gloss red, chrome center and actually doing a white wall tire.

I dunno, It'll probably get done 2 years from now... I never make enough time to promote my own business with my vehicles. I know everyone probably has that issue to some degree.

That rat rod look is in and could look killer as well as garner a lot of "good"
attention, despite what some here may tell you.

If you can spruce up an old vehicle with a set of wheels, a few cans of rattle-can black and some really nicely done pinstriping you'll have a unique vehicle that stands out. Plus it works into the budget nicely.

Go for it and remember to post up pics when you're done.