• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upselling magnetics

SignManiac

An old friend of mine in N.Y. is starting a new business doing pool cleaning and maintenance. He asked me to work up a logo and a design for some mags. I did and he loved the first take.

I then sent him a quick mockup for a future partial wrap design when his business was doing better and he could afford to take it up a notch. Well no sooner did he see my proposed design and he immediately said, lets do it now. He loved it and even more importantly, his wife flipped over it. So I'm going to print and cut everything and send to him. He's capable of putting the graphics on himself. I helped him get started in the sign business twenty years ago but he no longer is interested in doing signs anymore.

The font was his idea. It's new from Letterhead fonts, the name of it is Piranha Script.

Attachments

• poolrite-01.jpg
    poolrite-01.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 85
  • poolrite-02.jpg
    poolrite-02.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

JERHEMI

Looks good, but I'd change that black outline to the dark navy blue outline instead because there is no black in your entire design.

SignManiac

Yes I've been kind of mulling that one over for a while. The truck has a lot of black accents on it and it does make the name stand out a little better against all of the blues. Without the black it tends to blend into the graphics a little too much. Hard to tell unless you print it out and hold it up to the vehicle. I will at least try it with the navy again and see if it will pass the squint test. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here it is with the Navy....

Attachments

• poolrite-03.jpg
    poolrite-03.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 121

SignManiac

Thanks guys and gals. I was going for the wet look! I think he should add a tag line. "Service with a splash" of something fun along those lines.

JERHEMI

Yes I've been kind of mulling that one over for a while. The truck has a lot of black accents on it and it does make the name stand out a little better against all of the blues. Without the black it tends to blend into the graphics a little too much. Hard to tell unless you print it out and hold it up to the vehicle. I will at least try it with the navy again and see if it will pass the squint test. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here it is with the Navy....

Yes, the truck has a lot of black accents, but if you take the truck out of the equation for like business cards or other signage that would just leave that black outline looking out of place when everything else is blue you know what I mean? I'm just thinking "big picture". However, you can probably always just incorporate black into the other items or just swap out that color of the outline on whatever it is being used on without it being a dramatic change that is very noticable. I dig the tagline you mentioned too! :thumb:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice,
but how is he going to get those mags to stay on going around the curves at the front and back of the truck?

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

I did the calculations. One square foot of Ultra Mag has a holding force of 38.5 lbs. and the truck is 16' long, bumper to bumper. At the required square footage, the mags would stay on the vehicle at speeds exceeding 147.8 mph.

I have no issue with warranteing this magnetic wrap for five minutes or five miles, which ever comes first!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I did the calculations. One square foot of Ultra Mag has a holding force of 38.5 lbs. and the truck is 16' long, bumper to bumper. At the required square footage, the mags would stay on the vehicle at speeds exceeding 147.8 mph.

I have no issue with warranteing this magnetic wrap for five minutes or five miles, which ever comes first!
:thumb:

Looks good, but I'd change that black outline to the dark navy blue outline instead because there is no black in your entire design.

I wouldn't because the company name would then recede to the background and your depth goes out the window.

I would make the phone number and web addy black also

I agree. More black will create better depth and contrast. This layout looks great all around though. Mad design skills.

signage

I think you will be replacing them with that long of a warranty:Big Laugh You need to add to it first line he crosses:omg::ROFLMAO:

Looks good by the way:toasting:

Custom_Grafx

Smart, inexpensive, easy to install, and most importantly, effective. I am trying to talk a customer into seeing the light this week with little luck... your friend is lucky to have you designing, and you are lucky to have a friend who knows what something good looks like. Match made in heaven lol.