• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vague request of the year award!

Tim Aucoin

I know there's oodles of threads with stuff like this, but it doesn't happen to me too often... Actual e-mail I received just this past half hour...

Subject: Quote for stickers
Date: June 23, 2011 1:12:01 PM MDT
To: Tim Aucoin <tim@kkcalgary.com>
Reply-To: ambere@********.com

Hello
I am looking for a quote to get some stickers made. Just ones that say "shake well". Looking for 50 please

Thank you
Sent from my BlackBerry

:omg::omg::doh::doh:

natedawg9640

That's it? I got an e-mail the other day and it went something very close to this....

"Hi there, I heard you do good work. I'd like a vehicle badge made. Thanks!"

..... hmmm. I'll get right on that.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I get this every day. They call or email and ask how much it costs to vector a logo without sending art. Kind of like calling the car dealer asking how much cars cost or asking the grocery store how much their fruit costs

Mike F

One of our sales reps came in last week asking me how much coroplast is... said I didn't know... so they jokingly (or at least I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it was) say "Well how am I supposed to sell it? That's OK I'll just go somewhere else."

I proceeded to send them a nice (seriously, I'm not an a-hole unless you really push me) e-mail with a link to the Harbor Sales page with all their sizes, colors, and shapes of coroplast (7 pages worth, 104 items), and said you need to be a member to get pricing so let me know what you need and I'll find out how much it is.

Not a big deal I guess, I just found it funny that I was supposed to know how much coroplast is, off the top of my head, without knowing the shape, size, or color. And that one of OUR sales reps said "I'll just go somewhere else" because I didn't.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Here's an odd request,
I had a strange old man in his 80's pop in years ago to buy some magnetic pieces so he could cut them up to fit in his shoes...

:Big Laugh