• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Van graphics

Guerilla Signs

Church van I think turned out pretty good. The blue shows up better on the windows than it does in the picture

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig Sjoquist

Well I like your work..This one the design / fonts / layout is simple a fits.

But still think ya should used white around the blue in the Grace.
The reason why is simple ..it looks odd... it will still look odd with white around letters..But it will be readable odd disappears.

I have same sorta problem in window splash..to much outline in white all you see is white, so I've learned when to stop..
..But too little white outline does not dress it up or put enough snap it it

Guerilla Signs

But still think ya should used white around the blue in the Grace.
The reason why is simple ..it looks odd... it will still look odd with white around letters..But it will be readable odd disappears.

I did offer white outline but they did not like the way it looked. Fades out bad in this pic but can easily be read even on a cloudy day.

OldPaint

did you show them......the same lettering fitted only on the painted white sides? its a CHURCH VAN, not a rock n roll band van. its a good layout, BUT.......not for a church van.

Pat Whatley

did you show them......the same lettering fitted only on the painted white sides? its a CHURCH VAN, not a rock n roll band van. its a good layout, BUT.......not for a church van.
Man, is Pensacola that OLD? Churches are getting away from the traditional and a lot of the contemporary ones are really pushing the envelope with design and branding of the church. Same biblical message just presented in a more modern form to appeal to a younger audience.

(cringes waiting for Bob and Colin's obligatory bashing of all things religion)

SignManiac

Not my taste either from a design standpoint, but Pat is right about that. We do a lot of printing for a new church here that caters to the younger and more open minded old farts. Their preacher dude is covered in tattoos and from what I've heard, their church is growing faster than any other in town. I've never seen church marketing on the scale that they're doing it at. Seems to be working.

OldPaint

sorry pat, its not that iam old, the question i asked.....WAS IT PRESENTED TO THE CLIENT, in a horizontal layout, only on the white? i dont see it READING WELL. 1st rule of a sign..........CAN IT BE READ, with ease! windows are BLACK, blue on black........tends to blend. the van moving at 30 mph..........CANT BE READABLE. cocking a simple name across a van..........is not a good design element.

Guerilla Signs

yes I did show them that option. They wanted something that would stand out. They have told me that they are getting the attention they were looking for with the layout. They are reaching a lot of the "rock n roll" crowd and this is helping with exposure.

Jillbeans

Way too much space between Grace and center.
The layout needs to be much tighter, and definitely a white outline where the blue is on the glass, or a lighter blue on all words.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

The guy isn't asking for critique. He loves it, his customer loves it. No other advice is going to change that. It is what it is.

ucmj22

The guy isn't asking for critique. He loves it, his customer loves it. No other advice is going to change that. It is what it is.

not trying to change it, just letting him know how I would do it differently for next time so he can be even more happy.

Guerilla Signs

not trying to change it, just letting him know how I would do it differently for next time so he can be even more happy.

Thanks I am always looking to learn. I did offer some other options and they were not willing to go those directions.

I appreciate the input and will be looking for more in the future I am sure.

Critiques are always going to be welcome to anything I post because I am trying to improve in what I do and who I am.

Thanks again.

Marlene

the sign for the church is very conservative and looks like what would be expected. the van doesn't look like it belongs to the same church. did they want the van to look different so that the main church is one look and the van which is used for something else looks different? is the van only used when they transport kids from the church? if so, then it makes sense, if not, it seems like they would want the van and the sign to look similar so that when people see it out and about, they know what church it is from.

Attachments

• Grace_Cntr.jpg
    Grace_Cntr.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 65

ucmj22

Thanks I am always looking to learn. I did offer some other options and they were not willing to go those directions.

I appreciate the input and will be looking for more in the future I am sure.

Critiques are always going to be welcome to anything I post because I am trying to improve in what I do and who I am.

Thanks again.

At Least you got paid, and the client is happy!

this is what I was thinking.\/\/\/\/\/

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-09 at 11.57.13 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-05-09 at 11.57.13 AM.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 105