• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl for edge

Hi everyone,

I just bought a used Gerber edge from a friend of mine, and was wondering if anyone makes a "wrap" type vinyl to use in the edge?
Also can you stretch it around curves without distorting the images?

Thanks in advance, Tim

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you are thinking about wrapping a vehicle or anything large, you might want to rethink your equipment's capabilities. It will do it and I'm sure you will eventually get the expertise to do it, but will a customer like four or five panels to a regular printers one panel for durability's sake ?? Also, that will take quit a bit of registering to get things straight, unless you're only thinking of small partial wraps.

Your question however, I've never seen air egress vinyl in 15" rolls. It doesn't seem to be an industry product.

iSign

you would be far better off subbing out the printing. you will spend over $3 a square foot just in material costs, plus a much greater amount of time in setting up narrow panel files, running each panel through 5 steps (4 colors plus cutting) and then laying down the multiple panels... I did it once & I'd never do it again! Although I didn't try to locate a more appropriate material, which would have saved a lot of time.. I still wouldn't do it again!

I do have a roland versa camm sp300 for the large stuff. I ended up with the edge a couple months ago before I got the versa camm. I didn't plan on expanding into the print an cut end of the buisiness for a couple of years, ( it is only a part time thing for me) but I came across a great deal on the versa camm and couldn't pass it up. I am just trying to make use of the edge since I have it. that is the only reason I ask. Thanks

J Hill Designs

I would stick with the sp300 for wrap stuff (still a little small for full vehicle wraps IMO) and keep the edge around for spot-color decal short runs, etc... :thumb: