• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl For Hdpe

Billct2

I have a client that wants some decals to apply to HDPE panels which will be installed outdoors.
Is this one of those plastics that vinyl doesn't stick to, like motocross/atv plastics?
What vinyll would you recommend?
Thanks in advance.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Have you tried Heat Set Vinyl like what they use on Awnings? If its a low surface energy material you can also try the Substance Brand, I hear that adhesive is pretty wild.

MikePro

Top ones, that I know of, are 3M IJ39-20(cal), Arlon DPF8000(cal), & Orajet 3105HT(cal)/3951HT(cast)
however, it is ideal for surface to be completely smooth & CRITICAL that the area to be applied be blowtorch'd gently to modify the oily-surface to better accept the adhesive.

Bill Modzel

Ditto on the blowtorch, It only takes a light sweep to burn off the plasitsers and greatly increased the adhesion of the vinyl.