• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vj 1204 Flexi Profiles

Dovermts

I never played with the rendering. If i do a cleaning and then a nozzle check it looks very good. If i let it sit a while then do a nozzle check my yellow will get a darker shade. It has to be a head leaking internally?? I was using cartridges now im on bulk. Issue was there before i switched. I will look at the rendering also. My software is giving me funny prints anyways.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I never played with the rendering. If i do a cleaning and then a nozzle check it looks very good. If i let it sit a while then do a nozzle check my yellow will get a darker shade. It has to be a head leaking internally?? I was using cartridges now im on bulk. Issue was there before i switched. I will look at the rendering also. My software is giving me funny prints anyways.

If it's changing color after sitting, there is probably a small air leak somewhere. I would make sure the o-ring between the damper and ink line is new and not flat on one side. Even if there are no air bubbles in the line there can still be an air leak. You are also correct that there could be internal damage and in that case it is fried. Usually you want to troubleshoot everything else first of course.

Dovermts

If it's changing color after sitting, there is probably a small air leak somewhere. I would make sure the o-ring between the damper and ink line is new and not flat on one side. Even if there are no air bubbles in the line there can still be an air leak. You are also correct that there could be internal damage and in that case it is fried. Usually you want to troubleshoot everything else first of course.
What color should i look at the yellow?

Dovermts

ok so i took the yellow dampers off if i push cleaner through the head the cyan and the magenta on the respected side will slowly flow back to the tank. Id say thats bad right?

rjssigns

I suggest you find the instructions from SAi Flexi for their calibration / linearization method of your machine.

Calibration/Linearization are the initial steps in profiling. Followed Mark Rugens highly detailed profiling procedure to a "T". Result was horrible.
I know there is something I'm missing. Just have to figure out what's missing.

I do know I don't like the subjective aspect of SAI's procedure. There are two areas where you need to take a "visual" reading of the test print. For me that's a non-starter.
The whole reason for profiling through instrumentation is to completely remove subjectivity.

BTW I used Densitometers in the lab to get the readings where it called for the "WAG" method of interpreting the test pattern.

Dovermts

Calibration/Linearization are the initial steps in profiling. Followed Mark Rugens highly detailed profiling procedure to a "T". Result was horrible.
I know there is something I'm missing. Just have to figure out what's missing.

I do know I don't like the subjective aspect of SAI's procedure. There are two areas where you need to take a "visual" reading of the test print. For me that's a non-starter.
The whole reason for profiling through instrumentation is to completely remove subjectivity.

BTW I used Densitometers in the lab to get the readings where it called for the "WAG" method of interpreting the test pattern.

Yes i was looking at the part that that want to use instrumentation That was over my head lol

rjssigns

Yes i was looking at the part that that want to use instrumentation That was over my head lol

It really isn't too complicated as the software and devices do all the heavy lifting. Problem comes when the instructions ask for a subjective assessment of the test print. that can oly lead to trouble as we all see color differently.

I profiled the Indigo in our lab after seeing it done once and taking some notes. Very easy to do. Software guides you through and tells you what it wants you to print. The digital press was simple. Wide format is an entirely different beast.

Dovermts

I got the new print head in much better I will print an actual job now and see how it looks

Attachments

• 20200220_162343.jpg
    20200220_162343.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 137