• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wait a minute thats my sign....

adkmaid

so what do you do when you stumble on a local sign shop that is using one of your signs in their examples section not only on site but on the web?
:banghead:

Patrick46

You send me in there. I'm great at getting confrontational!!!:toasting:

(makes you wonder who elses work they're claiming as their own, huh?)

SignManiac

Design your own official looking letter from a big name law firm, tip...use at least five last names. Then send them a letter stating they will be subpoenaed for court and sued for $10,000 for copyright infringement and plagiarism on such and such day.

That should get their attention.

jiarby

Just use the same DMCA Take Down letter as Eric at Vector Dr. and send it to them and their web hosting company. Then twitter/facebook them into shame.

Write an article for your blog about how your work is so good that even the competition wants to claim it is theirs. Then post the screenshots and evidence.

Make a big poster in your store that says the same thing.

Word will getback to them faster than you think. If it still does not work then throw a brick through their window at midnight.

BTW...

If you are going to fabricate a lawfirm name... the official approved one to use is "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe"

fmg

I had one of my signs being shown on another companies website.
This was on another forum and the person in question was another member over there.
I simply asked them to remove it in a polite fashion and it was done.
No need for any stupid acts such as Throwing a brick through their window at night,only fools would do such a thing.

petepaz

i am not saying it's ok to steal artwork/signs
but just a question once you sell the sign to the customer and they pay for the sign, design and all the other bells and whistles do you have any rights to that anymore
again i don't think a competitor should be putting up an ad with false advertising
i would think if you are going to be in this business you should have enough of your own work to display and if you don't think your work is good enough to display then you probably won't be in business that long

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You wanna be decent..... do what fmg said. :thankyou:
You wanna be like a normal person... go over there and break his frickin' jaw. :Oops:

He stole something from you knowingly and is using it for his own gain, so there's no need to treat this as if he's done something by mistake. He needs to be taught a lesson.

I did this to a guy many years ago. I really didn't break his jaw, but I gave him so much chit... he was super glad to remove my sign from his front lobby area and out of his photo album. This was BI.... [before internet].

His shop was a few miles away from mine. Oh yeah, he's long gone out of business, so your liar cheat of a competitor probably won't last long if he thinks stealing is an Okay business tactic. :rolleyes:

adkmaid

the company is lake george signs and the pic attached is my sign with an example of their vinyl black and white signs below it ugh i did this probably 12 years ago maybe they think i am dead
photo_src.jpg