• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Was wondering...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
So, once I instal a 240 charging station, the more expensive vehicle and the higher insurance, I'll be set. So, in order to save money, I hafta put out close to double under normal conditions ?? Yeah, dat sounds logical.
There's a bit of novelty to it so they are pretty appealing to car enthusiasts in addition to the look at me crowd. Eventually, there will be infrastructure and the prices will come down. Have someone take you for a ride in their Tesla, keep your legs crossed so they don't try to touch you. The model S performance does 0-60 in something like 2.5 seconds, I think they have another model that is 2 seconds when in ludicrous mode? No wheel spin, instant continuous torque, it almost makes your eyes water. My friend has had some loaner S models that he would flog but he doesnt do it in his own car. I'm not a big Tesla fan and think that Musk is a goober to say the least but if you have the coin, that is the one to get right now. I think they will eventually go the way of Delorean once the majors ramp up their EV production. At some point, he is going to have to redesign and re-tool the factory as the car design is starting to become a little dated.

decalman

I drive a Cummins 1 ton 5.9 12v.
I'm keeping it, even if I'm stranded someplace. Things are going to get worse... way worse. It's 4th of July and I just bought a sleeping bag, and a wood stove on the way. Nows the time to prepare for winter. The power grid will shut, and freezing to death is less to be desired. Wood stoves and warm gear ( sleeping bags) will be sold out sometime in the coming months.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

decalman

Time is running out.
We are witnessing the closing scenes of the earth's history .

Notice my avatar is a time hour glass. I seen all this coming, and I know where it's going. Headed for a stupendous crisis.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'm keeping it, even if I'm stranded someplace. Things are going to get worse... way worse. It's 4th of July and I just bought a sleeping bag, and a wood stove on the way. Nows the time to prepare for winter. The power grid will shut, and freezing to death is less to be desired. Wood stoves and warm gear ( sleeping bags) will be sold out sometime in the coming months.

I'd stock up on some good drugs and watch it unfold rather than worry about it. Someone that is less prepared will just come steal your provisions while you wander off into the woods to take a dump. Those old 12v Cummins are ok but they had their issues like everything else. It's a throw away engine. I'd rather have a mechanical DT466 or DT360

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Time is running out.
We are witnessing the closing scenes of the earth's history .

Notice my avatar is a time hour glass. I seen all this coming, and I know where it's going. Headed for a stupendous crisis.
Tell us more...:popcorn:
ETA: you've had that hour glass avitar for a few years, and the sand hasn't changed. Just saying...
Also, what does the fourth of July have to do with anything? Independence Day... You expecting an ET invasion this year?

Last edited:

Boudica

I'd stock up on some good drugs and watch it unfold rather than worry about it. Someone that is less prepared will just come steal your provisions while you wander off into the woods to take a dump.
Good point... Is decal's message sponsored by the NRA?

Boudica

FTFY: https://www.hotcars.com/here-are-th...apocalypse-ready-thundertruck-ev-concept/amp/

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'd like to know what kind of girl would be getting into decalman's sleeping bag and wood stove?

b564225793d6eef9b718f87e111b9214.jpg

ikarasu

Personally, the F150 lightnings make more sense to me than a Tesla.

Being able to use it as a generator for your house if power goes out , and it lasting several days is nice - being able to use the heat gun without lugging around a generator... Or charge tools when on site, etc.

Tesla's build quality is pretty questionable, Ford was smart using the same F150 Design and making it electric. Ford is only selling the lightning in their lariatte luxury forms, or I'd have canceled the cyber truck and got a lightning by now.

It doesn't have all the fancy self driving and stuff id like to play with .. but I think the generator part would be more beneficial over the long haul... Self driving would get old pretty quick

ikarasu

I think it's an "upgrade" and not included in the base. But it's true, and neat!

If your vehicle is on the charger and power goes down... It'll auto switch you over to the Ford's battery. They say it lasts 3 days... But I don't know if that's 3 days of normal usage or limited - either way... It'd be nice, if you run out of juice in 2 days... Hop down to a super charger for a few hours and make it back before all your food spoils. We don't have outages too often, not enough to buy a real generator - but it's enough to lean me more in Ford's direction than Tesla's.

[Edit] looks like all lightning's can do it, you.just need the 80 amp charger that comes standard with the luxury ones... Or you can buy it yourself, for $1300... Not a bad price, but would be nice if they include it when you're buying a 70k truck.

Boudica

I think it's an "upgrade" and not included in the base. But it's true, and neat!

If your vehicle is on the charger and power goes down... It'll auto switch you over to the Ford's battery. They say it lasts 3 days... But I don't know if that's 3 days of normal usage or limited - either way... It'd be nice, if you run out of juice in 2 days... Hop down to a super charger for a few hours and make it back before all your food spoils. We don't have outages too often, not enough to buy a real generator - but it's enough to lean me more in Ford's direction than Tesla's.

[Edit] looks like all lightning's can do it, you.just need the 80 amp charger that comes standard with the luxury ones... Or you can buy it yourself, for $1300... Not a bad price, but would be nice if they include it when you're buying a 70k truck.
Sad fact... I can't afford a home with a charger, or a vehicle that needs one. I'm just listening, and being a little snarky here and there. It's what I do. lol

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Personally, the F150 lightnings make more sense to me than a Tesla.

Being able to use it as a generator for your house if power goes out , and it lasting several days is nice - being able to use the heat gun without lugging around a generator... Or charge tools when on site, etc.

Tesla's build quality is pretty questionable, Ford was smart using the same F150 Design and making it electric. Ford is only selling the lightning in their lariatte luxury forms, or I'd have canceled the cyber truck and got a lightning by now.

It doesn't have all the fancy self driving and stuff id like to play with .. but I think the generator part would be more beneficial over the long haul... Self driving would get old pretty quick
I do like the way they have the EV F150 set up for the short-haul contractor/sign guys. I don't think I could afford the keyfob that would start it but it is sweet and doesn't look like it belongs in a reboot of Tron from 1982.

Johnny Best

I have three beautiful words for climate changers, internal combustible engine. They look nice just by themselves or under the hood.
The only things I want to have batteries in is my wife's toys.

Boudica

I have three beautiful words for climate changers, internal combustible engine. They look nice just by themselves or under the hood.
The only things I want to have batteries in is my wife's toys.
Is your p-pump amongst your "wife's toys"?