• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Was wondering...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sure is a lot more to think about than I knew about. This is one of the first threads in a very long time that is actually interesting as it goes on. :thankyou:

Johnny Best

Musk had planned obsolescence in mind when he designed his self crashing car of the future. Take that Steve Jobs, you think you're so smart with that Iphone you designed to die every 3 years. In case you missed the last episode of As the Billionaires Turn, Musk has soured on Steve Jobs and they are no longer pals.
Steve Jobs has been dead since 2011. That might be why Musk is not friends with Jobs anymore.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't care for any new vehicle. I'd rather spend $600+ a month upgrading and putting gas into my 73 Chevy C10 that I hold the title to as opposed to making a payment to the bank. Make me a $3000 drop in electric drive train and battery pack for that C10, and I might consider doing that. But not surprisingly, I like the sound of a V8, so an electric vehicle isn't that appealing in that regard.

Also why do they keep making work trucks taller and taller? It's a hell of a lot easier to load and unload my old pickup.
I'm partial to the 67-72 C-10s but the square body is a close second. I keep my eyes open for them, one day I'll buy one. A square body would have to be a lowered dually.
Tall bedsides are stupid. I noticed that on my 04 F150 and it's been the same with every truck since then. You're the first person I've heard say anything about it.
Texassignmaker can't even reach the gas cap, that's really why he bought his boom lift.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm partial to the 67-72 C-10s but the square body is a close second. I keep my eyes open for them, one day I'll buy one. A square body would have to be a lowered dually.
Tall bedsides are stupid. I noticed that on my 04 F150 and it's been the same with every truck since then. You're the first person I've heard say anything about it.
Texassignmaker can't even reach the gas cap, that's really why he bought his boom lift.
It has a 500lb lifting limit, so I cant use it to load your girlfriend in the truck bed.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Living in today's world wouldn't an EV be more susceptible to an EMP strike from one of our enemies or Homeland Security? I think my El Camino would still be good to go - no ECU - dual points distributor and a 4 barrel carburetor. Plus, driving around in it I should be able to pick up all the surviving ladies in a post-apocalyptic world.....

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Living in today's world wouldn't an EV be more susceptible to an EMP strike from one of our enemies or Homeland Security? I think my El Camino would still be good to go - no ECU - dual points distributor and a 4 barrel carburetor. Plus, driving around in it I should be able to pick up all the surviving ladies in a post-apocalyptic world.....
If EMP that strong hits you got bigger problems...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If EMP that strong hits you got bigger problems...
A man with a running El Camino in a dark powerless world would be king.

1657082797480.png

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Even post apocalyptic women aren't getting into any mullet mobile.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
A man with a running El Camino in a dark powerless world would be king.
Where you gonna get that sweet dinosaur juice when it runs out in a day everywhere? Oh wait, you can't fill up because the pumps went out from the EMP, trucks filling the tanks went out etc.
I hope nobody else knows about your little 1000gallon tank you have there back home... And the fuel doesn't get too old while waiting for the EMP.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Where you gonna get that sweet dinosaur juice when it runs out in a day everywhere? Oh wait, you can't fill up because the pumps went out from the EMP, trucks filling the tanks went out etc.
I hope nobody else knows about your little 1000gallon tank you have there back home... And the fuel doesn't get too old while waiting for the EMP.
I think I'll be ready - 99% proof.
1657084814250.png

My biggest worry would be finding a way to shield my 8-track magnetic tapes from being wiped by the strike.

jochwat

Graphics Department
I wonder when Norton Antivirus EV Edition will be available? Hopefully soon, before the hacker storm hits both the vehicles and the charging stations. That'll be a ransomware shitstorm.

Stacey K

I like making signs
If we had an EMP it would be like living on the show "Alone" except with other people...I know plenty of men who would be 100% useless in such a world so yes, I think you have a great chance of picking up some babes!

Increase your chances by wearing a flannel shirt and waving a bow drill around, maybe a coon hat to top off the look.

Johnny Best

Be careful what you wish for GAC05, You would have all the Ladybugs you wanted after the planet Apokolips crashes into Earth.
My father had an ElCamino, two bags of concrete in the back and the back end would be dragging.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Other than the twang or raising of beef..... what are the differences ?? I'd really like to know, if you really know.