• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Was wondering...

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Well the mennonites aren't bound by the same rules as the amish, so they have the freedom to act as enforcers, procure booze, and drive big ole trucks. The Amish just make chairs and raise barns afaik. At least that's what I learned from Amish Mafia...
And Breaking Amish - I got into that one too.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I'm partial to the 67-72 C-10s but the square body is a close second. I keep my eyes open for them, one day I'll buy one. A square body would have to be a lowered dually.
Tall bedsides are stupid. I noticed that on my 04 F150 and it's been the same with every truck since then. You're the first person I've heard say anything about it.
Texassignmaker can't even reach the gas cap, that's really why he bought his boom lift.
67-72 are expensive these days. I have the 73 and a 66 plus an 89; I keep trying to convince my wife that we need a 67-72 to complete the set. She'd rather go for a 50's truck, but those are definitely on the pricey side. I only paid $1200 for the '73 and it even has functioning AC. They guy I bought it from painted it a metallic purple/gray.

2019-04-26 17.18.43.jpg

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
67-72 are expensive these days. I have the 73 and a 66 plus an 89; I keep trying to convince my wife that we need a 67-72 to complete the set. She'd rather go for a 50's truck, but those are definitely on the pricey side. I only paid $1200 for the '73 and it even has functioning AC. They guy I bought it from painted it a metallic purple/gray.

View attachment 160230
For 50s, Im partial to fords, always wanted a 56. And an old freightliner cabover, 67 Lincoln continental, 11 window vw bus.... I have a list but not the scratch for all that

Stacey K

I like making signs

View attachment 160230
I love it! That looks really sharp!

Stacey K

I like making signs
Well the mennonites aren't bound by the same rules as the amish, so they have the freedom to act as enforcers, procure booze, and drive big ole trucks. The Amish just make chairs and raise barns afaik. At least that's what I learned from Amish Mafia...
When I worked for a very large cheese company doing farmer payroll, we had a lot of Mennonites in central WI. I was under the impression they could use electricity for milking but they always drove their buggies to the yearly meetings and set their big hats on the hat rack, all lined up - it was pretty cool. Some were very good businessmen, others not as much. I got to know a couple of the men and really enjoyed talking with one of them when he would call to see how much his paycheck would be bi-weekly. We always discussed gardening. They were very nice and honest people to work with. To make a long story longer, our procurement manager would tell me one of the men had a child die and he gave him condolences. The man replied that he will just have another kid. If I remember correctly, they all had Grade A milk. Some of our other "English" farms had Grade B. Grade A is a big deal for farms - Grade B means your farm is gross. Very few antibiotic loads as well that needed to be dumped. I could tell you farm stories for hours, it was the most fascinating job I ever had! Also all that organic stuff - the farms are usually nasty. None of the guys would EVER drink or eat any organic dairy.

Not sure about the Amish, we have some around here but I'm not sure if some of them use electricity or not. The one guy down the road has that canvas business, I should have nosed around more when I was there LOL The woman looked like a man, you could tell she had been working hard her entire life, very large manly hands. My BF said that when he was in high school a few of the Amish boys would party with them during the Rumspringer thing but they never became good friends with any of them.

victor bogdanov

I just got a voicemail from the electric company saying our power will be turned off in 30 minutes as part of a rolling blackout. Houston, TX

Last time I experienced rolling blackouts was in 1993 Kazakhstan after collapse of Soviet Union

Stacey K

I like making signs
I just got a voicemail from the electric company saying our power will be turned off in 30 minutes as part of a rolling blackout. Houston, TX

Last time I experienced rolling blackouts was in 1993 Kazakhstan after collapse of Soviet Union
30 minutes isn't much time! What happens to people on oxygen, etc?

I'm guessing dinner is on the campfire tonight...grr that would make me mad!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Their whole existence was odd, but they had us scared enough to hide under our desks several times a week. Then, reagan took them out..... just like that.

I actually have a piece of the berlin wall at home. Friends of ours were stationed there during all that and picked up quite a few souvenirs.

victor bogdanov

That was a strange time for the CCCP.
Hyperinflation and people worked for free for over a year, go to work but no paychecks and my family worked in the oilfield, one of the best places to work at the time. Survived on homegrown potatoes. Didn't starve because everyone had a 2-3 acre datcha growing potatoes and cabbage

victor bogdanov

Their whole existence was odd, but they had us scared enough to hide under our desks several times a week. Then, reagan took them out..... just like that.

I actually have a piece of the berlin wall at home. Friends of ours were stationed there during all that and picked up quite a few souvenirs.

There was a time when the USA laughed at all of the eldery 60+ year old Soviet leaders that led to the fall of the union. There needs to be an age limit on US politicians or the same will happen here

victor bogdanov

Yea Russia has a younger guy now and I don't think that many people in the US laugh at him until he takes off his shirt.
Biden 79
Pelosi 82
Trump 76

average senator age 63

"The aging Soviet leadership of the 1980s was ill-equipped to deal with ongoing economic stagnation and worsening foreign conflicts such as the Soviet-Afghan War"