• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waste?

SignosaurusRex

......WTF are nursing homes, preschools and the like gonna do with waste vinyl from weeding and carrier paper......Eat it? They are gonna look at it and wonder where that crap came from and it will wind up in the same place everyone else puts it...IN THE GARBAGE.
If you wanna get creative.......put it all in a big box and ship it back where it came from.....China

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
......WTF are nursing homes, preschools and the like gonna do with waste vinyl from weeding and carrier paper?
Filler makes a little go a long way.....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• HH_cheeseburger_macaroni.jpg
    HH_cheeseburger_macaroni.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 322

SignosaurusRex

you can alway's give it to your local art centers, they use the backing paper for throw away paint paletes.

Really? Again....."What the hell is this crap? I can't wipe my arse with this. Who the hell keeps bringing their garbage around like it's worth a crap?"

They have a gazillion Readers Digest and AARP mags for that. In the end...it still all winds up in the garbage. If you pass the buck (your crap) on to someone else only to have it wind up at the same point in the end, what is accomplished other than to expand your carbon footprint and **** off a few folks in an effort to appear "GREEN" ?

S'N'S

Really? Again....."What the hell is this crap? I can't wipe my arse with this. Who the hell keeps bringing their garbage around like it's worth a crap?"

They have a gazillion Readers Digest and AARP mags for that. In the end...it still all winds up in the garbage. If you pass the buck (your crap) on to someone else only to have it wind up at the same point in the end, what is accomplished other than to expand your carbon footprint and **** off a few folks in an effort to appear "GREEN" ?

Yeah that's exactly right.....................that's why I burn it.... I'm leavin a big carbon footprint. :Cool 2:

visual800

the only sensible thing I can think is to place it in its own container and take it to a paper recycling place. I wish I could know if PVC was recyclable my router guy has a ton of it stacked up

DizzyMarkus

All of our cardboard, plastics and papers are free to the dump providing they are seperated. The strips and squares that are large enough to use for something, I give to to the local not for profit kids programs for arts and crafts.

Markus

gabagoo

I have tried seperating recyclables like cores and cardboard then driving 2 miles to a city recycling centre, but they now refuse to take the cores as they say it jams up the shredding machine..... go figure..

I call one supplier who will re use my cores so long as they dont have any labels in the inner core.

Backing paper is not recyclable apparently, so large sheets from digital I roll up tight and save for packaging and then eventually toss it in the dumpster.

My 4 yard dumpster does not take long to fill up, and at $50 a dump I will spray it with water and then it slowly lowers, and then fill it again and sometimes a 3rd time...would be nice to have a compactor.

We have found that large vinyl scraps come in handy on our industrial carpeting in high wear areas. we put it down quickly all over and leave it for a few days and then you rip the entire piece up and it is amazing what the vacuum misses.... DOG FUR!!!!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Unused vinyl (weed waste) and carrier paper.
What discarding solutions are better than the dumpster?

That would depend very much on just what you mean by 'better'.

If 'better' means making you feel warm and fuzzy by all means foist off your garbage on someone else by giving it to various other organizations. You can refer to it as 'donating' for an even higher score on the self-righteous smugness scale. That way your garbage becomes their garbage and they get to deal with it while you get to bask in the illusion that you have actually done something.

If 'better' means disposing of your garbage in such a way as to have some sort of positive measurable effect on the external reality, there is no such method. There is nothing you can do that will have any effect on anything. Nothing, nada, zip, zero.

If 'better' means a minimalist and therefore optimum method of dealing with your garbage then toss it in the dumpster. Then not only does your refuse end up in exactly the same place it would have had you done anything else with it it does so in the simplest and most direct manner possible, you also support the economy by providing employment for the trash wranglers.

If 'better' means stroking your rugged individualism, them burn it. Don't worry about the delicate state of the external reality, you're not capable of lighting a fire that will have any effect on it. Whatsoever.

slipperyfrog

I meant the scrap cut-offs from jobs, not the actual pulled (destroyed) vinyl and paper. Read the post wrong.

Paper in the trash, vinyl to my youngest son for his "vinyl ball". :smile:

Slamboni

Vinyl Ball of Death

At my first sign job at Signarama in Virginia in 2000 we had a huge vinyl ball like pee wee herman. Then at least when it does get thrown out it will all be in one ball taking up that space instead of spread all around. Where I'm at now, we think green in the only two ways possible for our unfortunately wasteful industry. We use recycled ABS panels for all of our rigid signage from an e-waste grinder, and we print using the HPL26500 with it's earth friendly water based latex inks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I use ours to:

• Wrap Chrsitmas and birthday presents.
  • Wrap packages for shipping.
  • We use it many places to mend things around the shop.
  • If large enough, we re-use it.
  • We make stripes out of it.
  • We make dots [bullets] from it.
  • If it serves no more use, we simply throw it in the dumpster and have it removed.

I've said this many times.... we charge for our scraps, so it's not really scrap, but trash if it's not used, so giving my trash to someone else that can't use it in reality, seems a waste of everyone's time. Liner paper, application tape and the cardboard boxes we recycle by burning it.

Ever see application balls burn ?? Now that's fun !! :rock-n-roll:

We put ours in the dumpster and then light it on fire. Were slowly trying to deplete the ozone so that peoples signs wear down faster. It's a thankless job but somebodys got to do it.

Your Welcome.